Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23817: Model of when you get charged
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
TinaBFoto
Level 6

Hi there I have not gotten almost any leads in 8 week regardless if I use Promote or note.  My profile is extra strong, I am a Top Pro and have 80 5 star reviews.  I receive request for people who would like to spend less than $100 for an 8 hour shoot or leads in PA, MA, NJ which has nothing to do with my location or travel preferences which I have ensured to be correct.   Could you please let me know why I am not successful on Thumbtack anymore after being a Top Pro for 2.5 years?

States
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Kameron

@TinaBFoto it seems like there may have been a disconnect in that message you sent her as I'm not seeing one from you to her on our end. We want to make sure we take a look into this and that you're set up for success. I'll be sending you a direct message with more information. 

23 responses
Moderator Meckell

Hi there @TinaBFoto. I looked at your account and it looks like you've been in contact with quite a few customers in the past eight weeks. I also noticed that you had a couple hires in February, great job! 

Keep in mind that we don't know what jobs you want unless you set up your preferences by promoting your business. That's why you're going to be seeing those other jobs in your Jobs tab. 
I commend you on your profile, it looks great! You have amazing reviews and showcase a lot of your great work. You've found success in the past, and I know that you can still continue to see that success. Is there one category in specific that you're noticing a decrease in leads? 

0 Kudos
TinaBFoto
Level 6

Hi there, I got 3 hires in 2 months, so I would not call that good leads, as I used to get hired 3 times per week before.  Also what you have seen in the messages tab does not represent actual leads.  One person was looking for a $15 passport photo! and others inquired about my availability and then did not answer any further questions.  The decline I have found is in all type of services by large numbers - probably 90% down compared to before.  Lastly, please let me know how I can get rid of unwanted jobs in outside states and areas in NJ, which I never requested or indicated.  Many thanks

Moderator Meckell

@TinaBFoto If you want to get more of the jobs you always want, you can promote your business and tell us your job preferences. Because your preferences aren't set, we don’t know exactly what you want and the job requests may not be perfect. When you promote your business, you set specific preferences about the type of job, geography, and availability.

I understand the frustration behind customers not getting back to you. We recently wrote a blog post about this with tips and tricks, be sure to check that out here

Upon that, something that will really help is responding to customers quickly. If you look at your insights, you'll see where your current response rate is at. When pros respond to customers within the first hour, they're 20% more likely to hear back from the customer. When the pro responds within five minutes, they're 50% more likely to hear back. It's important to get back to the customer before they move on mentally from the task.

0 Kudos
TinaBFoto
Level 6
I don’t agree. You must have not seen my comment I had all of my services on promote for 3 weeks and it got me extremely low leads as mentioned. I respond within seconds that a client reaches out. I feel that there is a filter that does not allow me to get requests for the areas I work in. Please answer my question on how to eliminate requests for PA, MA, NJ which are nowhere close to my set travel preferences. Thanks
Moderator Kameron

@TinaBFoto I took a look and for your area and category it’s common that we see a dip in the number of jobs created at this time of year, do you feel that the amount you saw last year was more than what you’ve seen this year? As Meckell mentioned, pros who are not promoting will see jobs and leads that may not be ones that they prefer and will be within a 150miles, but pros will always have the choice to opt-in.

0 Kudos
TinaBFoto
Level 6
Hi the leads last year were definitely higher and much better quality. I made 8-9x more at this time last year with TT. The issue with the location was true under Promote as well. I turned Promote off because I thought it was the reason I was getting my location confused. I really get 80% of the requests that come to me are in PA, MA, CT and far NJ nothing to do with Manhattan and Brooklyn which is set on all of my services. Is there no way to take that away? I really feel there is something in the algorithm which reads me in the wrong location. For what I shoot this is prime time in Fashion and Product launches for SS2019 so there is no business practical explanation for the lack of leads. Thanks
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@TinaBFoto if you were promoting and getting those jobs outside of your set travel area it's something we'd certainly want to investigate. When those were happening did you happen to reach out through our support channels with examples?

0 Kudos
TinaBFoto
Level 6

Hi Kameron

I spoke to Tiffany Johnson and sent her a message about it.  She was a Counselor for Top Pros who I had spoken to earlier.  I did not hear back from her about this.  I kept Promote on for 2 weeks and was constantly flooded with jobs in PA, CT, NJ  even MA under the "Jobs" tab.  I just feel there is something off with the way the app is reading my location.  I have been on this platform for almost 3 years and I have never had such a low inflow of requests in my set area.  There are clearly requests in the surrounding areas which are not nearly as busy or populated as Manhattan or Brooklyn so something definitely feels wrong.   I wil turn Promote back on, because honestly there is no difference to what I see under "Jobs" either way.  There is also a mistake with the way it is calculating my response time - I don't understand where it is reading a 7 hour response time, when I always respond within seconds - whether it is a new conversation or a lead I have already received a message from.  Please if you could look into that for me, it will be extremely helpful.  There is nothing better I can do with my profile, ratings, response rate, pricing etc. so at this point I have no explanation why I am not getting the correct requests and/or leads.  Thanks

Moderator Kameron

@TinaBFoto it seems like there may have been a disconnect in that message you sent her as I'm not seeing one from you to her on our end. We want to make sure we take a look into this and that you're set up for success. I'll be sending you a direct message with more information.