Highlighted

Options for a Direct Hire

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

I'm a pro (musician) that uses Thumbtack and other marketing systems like Gig Salad to get bookings.  For the most part, each one of these systems have their pros and cons.   I kinda like Thumbtack over the other systems but one thing I wish Thumbtack could do is allow me to, 1) bring in a client directly to my profile, 2) allow the client to enter their information, and 3) hire me directly without seeing other pros.  The Thumbtack Chat Line tells me number 3 is not available.  Gig Salad offers this service and it works well.   There are many cases where I find a client outside of Thumbtack and would like the option to bring them into Thumbtack, exclusively so I can get credit for the hire.   Of course am willing to pay the booking fee.  I see this as a win for the client, Thumbtack, and Pro.  Thoughts?  Any other pros see this as a need?  If the Thumbtack development team is listening to this post, do you have plans for this  option?   Thanks              

States
0 Likes
replies
Highlighted

Re: Options for a Direct Hire

Community Expert
Best Answer

@tonyomusicman thanks for taking the time to share these details and feedback around your experience. Currently on Thumbtack customers can locate one or multiple pro profiles through the search results and contact them directly. They may also receive quotes sent by other interested pros who saw the customer's project in the Opportunities section. As you mentioned we currently don't have the option on the site for customers to update the project and state that they've hired a pro. This is a suggestion I've been hearing more often recently and will be sure to share the feedback to our product teams in your name. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Thanks for the follow-up!  I think we are slightly misaligned.  My suggestion/need is to introduce a “new” process for the client to go Directly to my profile and Hire me Without seeing other pros.  This case would only apply when I “bring in” the client.  Gig Salad has already nailed this process.  See their widget under Tools, Book Your Outside Gigs.  As I see it, the value proposition is for Thumbtack is to continue to add value to clients and pros in this increasingly challenging space of self directed “on line” booking.  Cheers   

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Expert
Best Answer

@tonyomusicman understood, thanks for highlighting those points to further clarify. I'll be sure to adjust the notes I made for the suggestion as needed. 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes