Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
BMurray1987
Level 5

Personal Training Breakdown

I have been using TT for a year now with a lot of success. However, one thing that frustrates me is that I compete on TT with other trainers that offer 30-minute sessions or group training. It's time to break that down so that people realize they're paying $30 for 30 minutes and not an hour. We should be in separate categories. 

Occupations (1)
States
9 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Personal Training Breakdown

@BMurray1987 I'd be happy to pass along your feedback on this. To be clear, your saying that pros who offer group training should be differentiated from pros who offer 1 on 1 training, correct?

0 Kudos
BMurray1987
Level 5

Yes, as well as those that offer only 30 minute training, considering that they're price is competing with mine for a shorter service offering. 

Moderator Kameron

@BMurray1987 We likely won't be separating the one on one training from those that offer group training into two completely different categories. However, I do see how we could add this as an additional filter when customers are filling out their questions for training and will be passing the idea along. This could help customers be more specific about the type of training their looking for that's in line with their budget. 

In regards to the amount of time offered by the trainer, it's going to ultimately be up to the customer in distinguishing which pros pricing, timing, program is the best fit for them.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
BMurray1987
Level 5

Right, but the 30-minute offering is competing against my price for a different service, and the customer doesn't know that until they reach out to the trainer. I'm not sure how leaving it as is makes sense. 

OsmosisFit
Level 4

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I do not believe there is a group training marketing option on Thumbtack, is there? 

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@OsmosisFit at this time, there is not. Customers have the option to indicate if they're looking for personal training for one person or for two. 

0 Kudos
OsmosisFit
Level 4

AGREED. "Trainers" should also have to provide proof that they're certified and actually PROS. Not some yahoo offering workouts at the park for $20.....

JimandEmily
Level 4

Support seperating group from individual one-on-one training. They are two different products, and since it appears that the majority of the general public price shops first before learning anything about what they are buying, the super low group rates are the ones they hit on first. 

I agree there needs to be some type of proof that a person is a "Pro". Either be certified, have a given amount of experience in the field, or, I would offer, a degree in the field in leiu of "Certification". 

We would also like to see a question: Are you ready to start-------A. Today-----B. Next Week-----C. Next Month------D. Window Shopping

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@JimandEmily all great pieces of feedback. Thank you for sharing these in relation to the personal training service that you offer. 

0 Kudos