Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
FlashC
Level 4

Picture Quality

I am a photo booth owner and I only recently realized that the pictures posted on Thumbtack for potential clients to see are not high resolution. I looked through various other profiles and it was the same thing!

I love Thumbtack, it has certainly given my business the kick it needed but I would like that our pictures are presented in high-res to our clients. Most of the pics look really poor. This isn't good marketing for us that strive to achieve the best quality!

Anybody else noticed this too?

Thanks!

Occupations (1)
States
15 responses

Re: Picture Quality

Thanks for reaching out and sharing your experience @FlashC. Here are a few things to keep in mind when adding photos to your profile to make sure they look as good as possible:

- Stay on the small side, 20MB or less.
-Use common file formats (to get technical, try JPG, GIF or PNG).
-Keep it sharp with a resolution of at least 50x50 pixels.
-Avoid really wide or tall photos — the width-to-height ratio must be 10:1 or smaller.

We're always looking for ways to improve our platform, so any additional feedback you have about this is helpful! 

0 Kudos
al
Level 4

I have never thought my picture gallery was up to speed. Would you take a lookout mine. Fix anything u see that needs to be changed
Ann Lamm Interior Design
336-817-7026
0 Kudos

@al I'm happy to take a look and give you feedback! Keep an eye out for a private message from me Smiley Happy 

0 Kudos
meofsharick
Level 4

I came here looking for the answer to this exact question. This site is meant to advertise small businesses like photographers, yet ironically the photo resolution when uploading your photos is terrible - makes it look like I have no idea what I'm doing. 

Yes, my images are jpg

Yes, my images are smaller than 20MB

Yes, my images are 300 dpi

When viewing the files on my computer and personal website, they look great. On Thumbtack? Awful. Something really needs to be done about this because right now I literally have to type "Please view on my website because Thumbtack resolution is no good" into my Thumbtack profile to try to defend that my photography is not, in fact, this terrible looking. Please, please fix this Thumbtack.

judyggray
Level 5

I had to do the same thing!! I had someone complain about my photos not being sharp. Well, they’re not if you only view them on Thumbtack. It’s frustrating.
0 Kudos
judyggray
Level 5

I followed all of your suggestions and nothing helped.
0 Kudos
Ali
Level 5

I'm getting an error message when I try to upload images from my phone. I thought that maybe it was just the amount of images that I selected for upload but, I've tried uploading images from different date ranges, formats, and even taken directly from my phones camera. Any suggestions/tips on how to get around this issue?
0 Kudos

@Ali if your photos fit the criteria that Meckell listed and you're still having this issue, I'd recommend working through our troubleshooting guide HERE. Let us know if you go through these and are still running into this problem.

Ali
Level 5

Thank you, I'll follow the link and put to use the info that it contains. 

My upload issues have occurred while using the thumbtack app. I have an IPhone 6s 

0 Kudos