Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23817: Model of when you get charged
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
Highlighted
jnovember
Level 5

Prioritization/Selection of Reviews

I have been requesting this for 2+ years........

Professionals should be provided the capability to prioritize which of their reviews shows at the top of the Reviews List in their profile.  Also, we should be able to select which of our reviews is displayed in the Filtered List of pro's that potential are selecting from.

I have 132 5-star reviews (so far).  A few are far more detailed than the others.  I'm tired of a 5-star review with very little description of what was great about my photography services showing near the top simply because they included a photo (which, also,  I didn't choose as representative of my best work).   I want to select which reviews are listed 1st and which single review is used to display in the Filtered List!!!!

Thumbtack Moderator, Please don't give me the standard response of thanking me for this feedback and saying how you listen to us pro's.   Just GET IT DONE!  I've been saying this same thing for the past 2+ years to support, my Success Manager, and to multiple Thumbtack employees at the NYC event of a few months back.   It never seems to happen.

Thank you,  Jon November

Occupations (1)
7 responses
DJStevie
Level 9

Re: Prioritization/Selection of Reviews

@jnovember 

In this thread posted by @JasonB , https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Product-news-updates/March-s-product-roundup/m-p/21149?advanced=f...

the customers now decide how they want to see the reviews. 

Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie thanks for sharing that response. 

@jnovember as Stevie pointed out because of your feedback combined with feedback from other pros and customers, customers will now have the option to sort reviews by date, relevancy, or rating. 

0 Kudos
jnovember
Level 5

Kameron,

Your response totally misses the point of what I am saying and confirms my (and many other professionals) view that Thumbtack is NOT listening to us, but only providing lip-service.

I want to control the sequence of how MY reviews are displayed.  I want to be the one to decide which are the important/relevant reviews on MY profile that I want displayed first.

Jon

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@jnovember I'm sorry that you feel as if we aren't listening. Kameron's response was letting you know that although this isn't an option right now, we have another option available for customers to sort which reviews they see. 
I definitely see your point of view and how you want to be in control. Your suggestions have been passed along and although I can't promise if and when this will be implemented, it will definitely be considered. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 9

@Meckell 

I agree with @jnovember . We(Pros) should be able to have that capability. After all, we set our profiles, so we should be able to control the review listings, not the customers.

Lar
Level 9

It would be super if Pros could specify 'default' sort order for reviews as presented to clients. Some Pros might prefer 'newest first' as the default, other may prefer 'star rating'.

Regards,
Laurence.

jnovember
Level 5

Let me clarify....... I want to select specific reviews which will appear first in the list.   All 99% of my reviews are 5-star, so not looking to prioritize by number of stars.  Not looking to sequence by date (low to high or high to low).  I wans to select 5 reviews that show on top!