Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
elegrit
Community Regular

Re: My profile can not be found, despite CC being linked

Also, unrelated, but you guys may want to look into it.  The form kept throwing validation errors when trying to reply to your message, but would not highlight or specify the error.  I was able to overcome the issue by adding a space into the title field.  Os: Linux, browser: Chrome.

Moderator Kameron

@elegrit correct, there is a maximum number of pros that will be shown on the list. The list of pros that offer work remotely will be much more competitive and tougher to climb and show up in as opposed to the list customers see when looking for pros locally. 

As I continue to look through your account and your list locally, it does appear that you should at least show up somewhere on that list. I just double checked to find out that it can take up to 24 hours for a new account and profile to be shown and I apologize that I didn't come to realize and share that with your first post. So let's give it another day or so and if you're still not showing up in the search afterward please feel free to follow up and we can take another look.

elegrit
Community Regular

Hi Kameron,

I'm still not listed in the results and it's been over 24 hours.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@elegrit if you deselect the filter, Remotely (phone or internet), when searching for yourself, you'll see that your business is indeed being shown. As Kameron mentioned, the list of pros that offer work remotely will be much more competitive and tougher to climb and show up in as opposed to the list customers see when looking for pros locally. To be shown in that list, I would recommend getting a few more reviews. Remember that you're able to get 10 from customers outside of Thumbtack. Promoting your services will also help you as it gives you a rank boost. 

Let us know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
elegrit
Community Regular

Ok, thank you.  I had a promotion, but removed it since I wasn't even showing up in the results.

0 Kudos
droneskyphoto
Community Newcomer

Re: Profile not showing up on search

I've followed all the steps to have my profile show up. It doesn't even show up at the bottom of the search! I've read through all your articles. Thumbtack: please make this easier for pros to show up. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

Re: Profile not showing up on search

@droneskyphoto I took a quick look over your account and you've got a great profile going so far. The biggest thing you'll want to focus on is to collect some reviews. Reviews are the number one thing that customers look for and they also have a large impact on your ranking. By sharing your public review link you can collect up to 10 reviews from customers of yours that were not found on Thumbtack. To learn more you can visit this page: Ask for reviews.

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Active Community Member

Where are the leads?

Thumbtack is practically a ghost town for me.

I'm running an experiment with some of my profiles.  I've had Promote turned on for 8 profiles since Monday morning.  I'm showing up at #1 for five of them and #2 for one of them. 

I've got 3 leads via Promote so far this week.  Those don't look promising.  I've bid on 10 other jobs manually.

Where are the leads?

My spending is down about 40% compared to my average for the past 4 months.   

AutumnElectric
Active Community Member

Re: Where are the leads?

This is why i don't promote; this would have cost me $14+, with no information from the client whatsoever.   This is what needs to be addressed by TT; how do they expect a pro to respond to this??  

pros contacted

2h 00m

avg pro response time

You'll only pay if the customer responds. See how much: Learn more
Job type Lighting Installation
Project type Replacement of existing lighting
Number of lights 2-4 lights
Lighting location Indoors, Outdoors
Construction type Existing property
Property type House
Zip code 01604
Scheduling preferences As recommended
Phone number Not available
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Community Expert

Re: Where are the leads?

@StoriesUpSTL 

I've tried Promote, had no leads for couple of weeks. I pause it and receive leads that are 2-3 hours away from me. Hardly anything  local in the jobs tabs, except for dates that I have blocked off.

And now with some changes that @JasonB mentioned, looks like leads are going to be much less.

@Kameron @Meckell @JasonB and other reps/moderators, as @StoriesUpSTL asked, where are the leads? In my category, there have always been leads and a need for a DJ, but in recent weeks, more than a month now, almost nothing! Why is that? Is there something that isn't being shared with the Pros? Need explanation please