Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

Profile not showing up on search

I noticed that my Louisville profile is not showing up when I do a search for commercial/promotional video production with a Louisville zip code.

Someone in a Facebook group mentioned that their business was not showing up in search results too.

0 Kudos
34 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Profile not showing up on search

@StoriesUpSTL the five things that determine where you show up in Search Results are:

1. Profile

2. Promoting your business

3. Pricing

4. Responsiveness

5. Reviews

You can learn more about this here.

I looked into your Louisville account I'm noticing that your profile isn't fully completed quite yet. Let's have you start by getting some reviews, expanding on your introduction, adding in your business hours, and filling out your FAQ section. Once you do those things, let me know and I'll give you next stops on what you can do next to show up higher in a customers search. 

0 Kudos
StoriesUpSTL
Level 8

@Meckell How can I get a review if I've never done work in Louisville before?

And the more imporatant question is:  Why isn't Thumbtack letting me know via email that this profile is incomplete?

I just listed myself, went thru the entire list to the end and did not find myself. I didn’t do the promotion. But I have most of everything else completed. I tried to get reviews from past customers but it required them to make an account and they were unhappy with this.
1. How long does it take for a new profile to show up on the list?
2. Is there another option for reviews for past clients whom do not care for making an account with Thumbtack?
Moderator Kameron

@MiaLunaPhotos

I took a look and your profile is off to a great start, you have some amazing photos! The biggest things I'll recommend to help with your ranking and showing up higher in the list are working on your reviews and setting your preferences through promoting.

You can have up to 10 reviews from customers from outside of Thumbtack and there are a few ways to do this. One is to share your public review link with past happy customers that are not from Thumbtack. You can learn more about how to do that and asking for reviews HERE.  

When you promote your business, you set preferences to get in front of more of the right customers. When you do this we’ll give you a rank boost so the right customers are more likely to find you in search results. You can learn more about setting your preferences HERE.

0 Kudos

Hi Kameron,

I understand ranking but I wasn’t on the list at all. Do I have to do the promotion to be on the list?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@MiaLunaPhotos up to 30 pros will be shown on the list. The pros being shown ahead of you must have a higher profile score and likely also have their preferences in place.

elegrit
Level 5

My profile can not be found, despite CC being linked

I have joined TT today, filled out my profile, and linked my CC.  However, when I click 'Look yourself up', I am no where to be found.  I have also tried while being logged out, with no luck.  Please advise on why this is occurring. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Re: My profile can not be found, despite CC being linked

@elegrit I've merged your post to this relevant thread here. Take some time to look through some of the posts and responses that we've given to other pros about how to improve where they show up in the search results and let me know if you have any additional questions.

0 Kudos
elegrit
Level 5

Re: My profile can not be found, despite CC being linked

Thanks, Kameron.  The issue is not about WHERE I show up, but IF I show up.  I tried numrous filter combinations, and never was able to view my profile as a customer, even though I promoted my service within a 25 mile radius.  

A couple of questions:

1. I notice every search resulted in a maximum of 20 or results (3 pages worth).  Does that mean that if I'm on page 4, I just won't be found?

2. If #1 is true, how does one get beyond it?  Do you need to complete jobs first? That seems like a catch 22: if you can't be found, you can't get jobs and vice versa.

Thanks for you help.

0 Kudos