Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Pros finding success

I would like to start this thread, so that Pros that are finding success on TT with the new system, will share this stories. 

If you're finding that you are getting more leads and hires compared a few months ago, please share your story. 

There are an overwhelming amount of Pros (such as I) that are loosing business with the new system in place. 

So if feel like you are succeeding, please share your story. Any tips and tricks will be greatly helpful. 

Top Pros, are you seeing an increase in business with your new badge?

18 responses
Highlighted

Re: Pros finding success

Is there anyone who would like to share their story?

0 Kudos

In another thread @Kameron and @Meckell have said that it is working for a lot of other Pros. 

I would love to hear their stories, tips & tricks, etc. 

@Kameron and @Meckell, would it be possible to setup a live discussion with the pros that are finding success in the new system? Obviously we're doing something wrong and those guys are doing something right. I would love to talk those pros and hopefully, I'll start getting leads again.  

DJStevie
Level 12

@MidknightGenius
I would also love to hear about the other pros so called success stories. I'm for a live discussion with those pros. With the moderators saying majority of the Pros love the new system, then we are definitely doing something wrong. But from what I see, there are many more Pros are complaining. If it's that many pros who love the new system, then I would love to hear from those happy pros, especially those in my DJ category. 

Moderator Kameron

@MidknightGenius we'll be having a Top Pro announcement and thread coming up in the Community here very soon. Keep an eye out for that and feel free to engage with pros posting there about what they believe they are doing right. I know that @Meckell was able to look through your account and gave you some tips HERE. I recommend implementing those and after a little while if you're still not having the success you expect we can work to build on those improvements.

0 Kudos

@Kameron @Meckell Hey Guys

I Implemented the changes you guys recommended. I updated the profile etc but I still havent seen any real results. 

Moderator Kameron

@MidknightGenius really sorry to hear that you still haven't been seeing additional hires. I'll take a look over your account again and reach out in a direct message here soon.

0 Kudos
StringBender
Level 6

@MidknightGenius Great Question! I can state unequivocally that I am NOT seeing  better success with the new system. I am a Solo Musician and Top Pro. The current system is misleading in certain respects IMO. You get notified that a customer "Chose You" and "No Need to Quote". Pros respond and are immediately charged even if the customer is simply checking availability and without the potential customer seeing a quote.  I am certain this has resulted in greater revenue for Thumbtack! And as an unabashed Capitalist I applaud them for that but we need to win as well. The old system at least allowed the Pro the ability to share that information with the customer and you were charged only if the customer responded. That seems more fair and worked better for me as I imagine it did for others. In my business as well as many others I can not quote on an hourly basis which is the only method offered by Thumbtack. I have to quote by the job due to so many variables. I had an extensive conversation with support and shared my frustrations with them on this issue as well. I have not booked a gig in over 2 months from Thumbtack. Honestly I feel a fair degree of it is that we just came out of the Holiday season and business has yet to pick back up. Initially I thought Thumbtack was going to be a fairly reliable source for quality leads and I enjoyed some success with the original system where they were simply sending the leads to a Maximum of 5 Pros. With the new system ALL Pros in the area are forwarded the lead and up to 15 Pros can respond.  I now use multiple sources for leads. At best it appears Thumbtack should be one of many that a business owner uses. Let's face it. There is no substitute for hard work and there are no guarantees even if you do everything right. We are all looking for that magic bullet to make our businesses grow. I will keep an eye on this thread and I really hope to see some great insight from others. Thanks for posting!

Moderator Meckell

@StringBender you're right you do need to win because we aren't successful unless pros are. I want you to find that success! There are always things to improve on in order to be successful with the new system. I took some time and looked into your profile and have a few suggestions for you. 
1- Set your prices. Customers are more likely to interact with pros when they know what price to expect. This article here has some great tips on how to set those prices, check it out!
2- Expanding on your profile. Your profile looks awesome, I love how personable your introduction is. One thing that I'd suggest is getting your background check completed. It will really help ensure trust with your customers and will improve your overall profile score. 

3- Promoting your service. When you promote your service, you tell us what jobs you always want. From there, we connect you with customers and they can reach out to you the second they’re interested. You’ll appear higher in search results and you receive 20% off of that contact.
Let us know if you have any questions! 

0 Kudos
StringBender
Level 6

@Meckell Thanks for the response. I have NEVER had a customer inquire about the background check. The only reason I'm hesitant is that the background check requires my SSN. I HATE to share it anyhwere. I really don't see where this would help regardless in my line of business. I had an extensive conversation with support on Promote and I may try that. Right now I am concerned it will simply result in more charges to me without generating addtional business. 

0 Kudos