Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Quote 'Viewed' Indicator No Longer Visible?

@RCPS @MrVic @beep777 Thank you all so much for your patience while I searched for an answer. It looks like we have removed the “Viewed” option on sent quotes. I commend each of you for proactively reaching out to customers who have not yet viewed your quotes. With the old system, this was useful, as you were not charged if a customer didn't view your quote, so it was imperative that you knew when that happened.

Currently, we are moving focus away from customers who have not yet responded, and encouraging pros to spend their valuable (and sparse) time engaging with customers who have contacted them. As soon as a customer responds to your quote or reaches out to you proactively, you are notified - as this is also when the charge is initiated and when the contact is most valuable.

Let’s focus on customers who have responded and are more actively engaged in the process. Here are some tips on how to respond to customers. Remember - if you respond within 30 minutes of a customer contacting you, you are 50% more likely to be hired. And you do still have the ability to go in and follow-up with customers even if they haven’t responded.

Hope this helps. And, as always, we will send in the feedback that you would like to see in your inbox when a customer views your quote. 

MrVic
Level 4

When we look through our sent message folder for the VIEWED indicator, our focus is NOT on who HASN'T responded, but we are looking for individuals who HAVE VIEWED our quote so we can continue to send follow-up emails. 

You state that Thumbtack is “moving focus away from customers who have not yet responded”.  This doesn’t help meet the need of the PRO’s who are paying the bills.  When we can identify individuals who at least VIEWED our quotes, we have an opportunity to send additional follow-up messages to draw the customer into a conversation, potentially yielding a response that turns into a hire.

Your final comment is to “focus on customers who have responded”.
Removing the VIEWED indicator doesn’t improve our focus on customers who have responded.
Removing the VIEWED indicator doesn’t improve the process of obtaining a customer lead.

Yes, we still have the ability to follow-up with customers even if they haven’t responded. But, removing the VIEWED indicator makes that process a bit more difficult.

I’m assuming all the changes taking place will eventually phase out the old system completely.  But for now, this is a users prospective on the VIEWED indicator.

Cricket
Level 1

I agree with the other pros. Put the viewed quote back. Frankly, follow up is the first rule in Sales 101. You need to keep tried n true age old sales practices.
MR
Level 10

@Cricket Completely agree. I have been reading and responding to many posts on this and other related subjects, and to date, nobody, including employees of TT have been able to provide a reasonable explanation as to why it was removed. 

I did read one response about TT not wanting Pros to be distracted by that information, but I sure hope that when the person was typing it they fully realized what they were writing was utterly ridiculous.