Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
topic id 7090: Insanity
topic id 6931: TV commercial
topic id 5713: Quote pricing / how much will I pay per quote?
topic id 5305: Website Design Pricing
topic id 3937: Unhappy with thumbtack
Highlighted
pagewithanii
Level 4

Quotes Aren't Being Viewed

Hello All, 

I am new to TT, I joined a week ago, and I am curious about Quote Views. I have sent out about 15 quotes but only 1 of them has been viewed and it seems weird to me considering it's been several days since some of them have been sent. I understand not every person is going to hire me but it seems weird to me that 94% of my quotes havn't even been opened... Surely there isn't some kind of filter that only show leads some of the quotes they're sent, right? 

Has anyone experienced anything similar? Suggestions?

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
4 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Quotes Aren't Being Viewed

Hi @pagewithanii welcome to Thumbtack, we're happy to have you! There isn't any filter set in place that customers are only able to view a certain amount of quotes, they're able to view every quote that is sent to them. The majority of your quotes were sent yesterday, so I definitely think you'll notice a lot more of your quotes being viewed throughout the day. 

0 Kudos
ExcaliburSH
Level 5

I will say that at the beginning I felt the same way. I got people that I did work for in the past to review me. 2 reasons I found the "none quote" at the beginning. Not all customers use thumbtack through the app. Most of my customers tell me they went on a pc/laptop and searched. Thumbtack is doing good advertisement on the web. Problem there is that they put their email and then many times it goes to spam/junk. They dont follow up if they werent really serious and forget the project. second is the number of reviews. To my original method, i got old customers to review me here so that Thumbtack customers could see I was new to Thumbtack but not the industry of my particular profession. My advise, get outside reviews so that people can read about you and you will see more of a hit rate. Good luck!
0 Kudos
pagewithanii
Level 4

That is solid feedback, thank you so much.

Most customers pick the first 1 or 2 pros with the most reviews, and they usually don’t even read the reviews. I had this problem when I started also but once I got about 10 5 star reviews I’ve been getting a lot of contacts and consultations. Now I’ve been using thumbtack three years and 80% of my bigger jobs come from this platform