Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Quotes Aren't Being Viewed

@Dessi

At the bottom, click on "View All Pros as Customer" and you'll see your competition. 

That doesn't appear on my page, on a desktop or the App.   It did, a month ago, now it doesn't anymore

Dessi
Level 6

Hi @AutumnElectric! I would call Support and find out why. Test out several of your Inbox customers, as well as Jobs items and Quotes Sent items. There are a lot of moving pieces right now. This button is my favorite area and truly teaches me daily how to fine-tune my strategy.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

Thank you very much @Dessi and @VAMarketingGuy for weighing in with your answers here. An important thing to remember is that you’re no longer matched on jobs. Customers search for and pick you from a list, and they’ll reach out when they think you’re a good fit. When you want to handpick jobs by using your Jobs tab, these customers have already contacted another pro, but you could be a great fit as well, which is why it appeared in that page for you to quote on. It is possible that you’ll see less viewed quotes, but you only pay if the customer replies.

DJStevie
Level 12

@Kameron again, we as pros should make the determination which customer is good fit for us. We pay for the service, not the costomers.
To be charged for generic replies, and not seeing price and customer profile beforehand is ridiculous, sorry, but it has to change.
fitcap
Level 7

YOU ARE SAYING:
" When you want to handpick jobs by using your Jobs tab, these customers have already contacted another pro, but you could be a great fit as well, which is why it appeared in that page for you to quote on. It is possible that you’ll see less viewed quotes, but you only pay if the customer replies."

I AM SAYING:
FOR NOT BEING ONE OF THE SPECIAL PROS USING PROMOTE  AND NOT BEING AT THE TOP OF THAT LONG, LONG LIST.......

......I get  ONLY 2nd dibs USING The "JOBS" list.........

Highlighted
Dessi
Level 6

@fitcap, you have to differentiate yourself and work to move up that list. The information to do that is at your fingertips. Look at competitors' profiles - what are they doing differently. "View Competition" inside "Quotes Sent" shows you how fast they are responding. Responding to the customer first and engaging them in a discussion wins often. I tinkered with my price and that moved me up the list. I've become more serious about reviews. I tinkered with my profile to show my address and eliminate contacts who don't know where I am. I tinkered with my intro text to make it super easily readable so it survives the speedy customer perusal and serves me better. The market never guarantees anything. It's all on you to navigate the environment to your best advantage. Use your precious time and energy wisely. I tried out one of Thumbtack's competitors. If that was the customer experience prior to the new Thumbtack platform, no wonder 80% of customers never finished an actual purchase...
Dessi
Level 6

Thank you, @Kameron!
Am I correct in my observation that when Promote is on there won't be anything showing in the Jobs tab, but instead it will be in the Quotes Sent tab?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Dessi not exactly. With Promote on you can still see jobs in the Jobs page and can choose to quote on those if you'd like. You can then refer to those specific quotes you've sent via your inbox and the "sent quotes" filter. With Promote on or off customers will be able to find you in Search Results. If they reach out to you directly through the search you'll see those contacts show up for you in your normal inbox or under the "new leads" filter.

0 Kudos
Dessi
Level 6

@Kameron, with Promote on and showing offers to all customers within my settings, what kind of projects would show up in Jobs? I'm trying to understand the logic used by the platform software. It's not a big deal as I monitor Jobs, Inbox and Sent Quotes, but want to understand the Platform better.
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Dessi When seeing jobs in your Jobs tab, these customers have already contacted another pro, but you could be a great fit as well, which is why it appeared in that page for you to quote on. They will show up in your jobs page based on the preferences that you have set.

0 Kudos