Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Dessi
Level 6

Re: Quotes Aren't Being Viewed

@Kameron: See, what you are describing is the definition of requests that appear under Quotes Sent. I also still get occasionally "Not the best fit, only charged if you reply" requests which I think are the ones where the customer picked me specifically from a list. On Advanced Settings I've turned off all three options for approximate matches/suggestions. What other scanario would be left to enter the Jobs tab?
Moderator Kameron

@Dessi If the customer has reached out to a pro directly but we find other pros to suggest that would be a good fit as well based on the questions they answer. Or if the pro they reach out to is unavailable.

sauliuske
Level 6

Hi, @Kameron, what could be a problem, that ALL my quotes (about 20 ) for the past month have not been viewed at all?  Even if I'm the only responder to the request!  They used to be viewed more or less consistently before Dec 7th.

What is going on?  Is this me or the system?

Thank you,

Saulius

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@sauliuske now that customers are able to view a longer list of pros before contacting them it's even more important than before to do your best to stand out. The best ways to do this were mentioned recently in our Q&A about ranking in Search Results here

After looking through your Insights page the first thing I'd suggest is working to gather additional reviews. You can even have up to 10 reviews from past happy clients that weren't from Thumbtack. Visit this page to see how you can get this done and gather more reviews. 

Keep in mind that when quoting through the jobs page, the jobs listed there are from customers who’ve already contacted another pro. We send those jobs your way because you could be a better fit or more available than the pros they’ve already contacted. 

0 Kudos
sauliuske
Level 6

@Kameron,  yes, my question is about the quotes not being viewed when sent through the jobs page..  I'm not talking about the ranking in the search page.  So why my quotes stopped being viewed/seen after Dec 6th?   They've been viewed very frequently before that..   19 quotes- 0 views.   Did they all started going to a spam folder for all these different people?  Or they are not being sent to them at all for some strange reason?

Thank you once again!

Saulius

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@sauliuske your quotes have definitely been sent to the customers. After looking through your quotes that have been sent in the last few weeks it looks like the customers reached out to a specific pro and received quotes from yourself and other pros as well. The majority continued conversations with that first pro they reached out to along with maybe one or two more that sent them quotes. I know that Ranking may not seem directly related, however pros that improve their ranking via reviews will also see a higher rate of views, direct leads, and responses to quotes. 

0 Kudos
sauliuske
Level 6

@Kameron, ok, so I'm not high in the rankings, since I'm new to this platform  with only 6 (all 5-star) reviews, my last 20 quotes sent have not been seen by anybody (that hadn't been a problem before December), so this platform has no use to me then?  Is there something I'm missing?  Is the Promote my only option?  Which I have tried, and lost more money than I earned..

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@sauliuske promote isn't your only option, there are a variety of things that determine where you rank when a customer does a search; profile, promoting your services, pricing, responsiveness, and reviews. You can learn more about this here

I took a look at your profile and it looks awesome! A few things that will really help you is getting more reviews and building on your profile even more by adding more photos. I truly want Thumbtack to work for you and am happy to help in any way that I can. Please reach out if you have any other questions.

0 Kudos
fitcap
Level 7

Yes!

OF THE LAST 37 quotes I sent ONLY 13 WERE VIEWED..
REALLY??????
Highlighted
Dessi
Level 6

@fitcap, get on Promote if this will create an opportunity for more visibility and, once you do that, be sure to monitor your Inbox and Jobs and respond immediately. Make your profile something you would be attracted to more than to any of your top competitors' profiles. This is how you win jobs. This is the market. It will be a monetary and time investment at first that will pay off in multitudes as you accumulate good reviews. Responding fast gets you up that list. Being in frequent comunication with customers gets you up that list and gives you a "In High Demand" label. Turning Promote on shows your prices, which gets you up that list. The tool is there and is tremendously powerful. Use it to your best advantage.
0 Kudos