Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
PBinSAT
Level 4

Re: Quotes Aren't Being Viewed

I know what you're feeling. I sent out about 12 quotes in the past month or so, but only 2 or three get viewed. At first I was thinking my quotes are too high, so I lowered the prices to a dollar to see if that would affect viewership and explained in the message section that I'd need more information before being able to give a hard quote, but even those low end quotes are not viewed. I think perhaps some folks are just shopping and not really looking to get their project done immediately, so they simply don't check back right away? But that's all speculation on my part.

sauliuske
Level 6

@PBinSAT, I was very surprised that my quotes, who had been viewed by almost every other client before Dec., stopped being viewed at all in the beginning of Dec.- zero views from about 20 quotes!   So I just curious what could've cause such a huge change..  Something broke for me, even though, now, I have more reviews and all of them 5-star!  Puzzled..

0 Kudos

Probably because of the auto quotes, I had the same issue until I set a budget for auto quotes and now I receive more contacts than before. I couldn’t keep up with the competitors because I would be last or one of the last quotes sent before I used the automated system
0 Kudos
Db8718
Level 5

Ok so our company was on the phone with Thumbtack yesterday for about two hours trying to figure out what’s going on with these leads. They gave us a million reasons why it’s “our” fault leads have declined by 90% in the last 6 weeks!
We have over 100 hires, 49 reviews, and a 4.8 rating! But it’s our fault???
We went from spending $100+ a week to ZERO this week. Over 80 quotes have been sent out in three weeks, NOT ONE response, not only have we got NO responses, we were able to research and found out the potential clients aren’t even receiving the quotes!
Thumbtack explained to us that the way their new system is set up, they only let customers see quotes from contractors the customer selects. The customer will ONLY see your quotes if the customer does not select any contractor or if the contractor they selected declines the lead.
This is where it gets good, if you don’t sign up for the -PROMOTE MY BUSINESS, where you pay thousands of dollars upfront no matter if you can do the job or not, where you are charged before your company can even review what the job is.... Thumbtack is blocking your company. They told us to increase our leads back to the level they were 2 months ago our only option was to sign up for Promote my business. Good thing there are cheaper and bigger lead companies out there! Unbelievable

Well, that puts things a little more in focus. I, myself, have submitted over 100 quotes in the last several months and have not received back "one" response. It's funny, I was no longer receiving notifications that clients were actually viewing my quotes, so I thought that TT was once again removing functionality and sacrificing transparency. So the fact that TT is blocking my quotes from even being delivered explains a lot. And I refuse to get caught in the - PROMOTE MY BUSINESS. (It's hysterical that when they furst rolled out this so-called "service" that they actually called me to get me to enroll, and kept stating that it was "a FREE service." Yea, right.)

sauliuske
Level 6

@Db8718, that expalains a lot regarding my experience this year vs. Oct., Nov. when I started using this platform..  So, back then me being new with little reviews and sample pictures, I was sending quotes out and was getting a decent flow of work.  I'm a photographer.  This year, not one response!  So, I guess, if I'm not Promoting a service, you're zero..  Wasted so much time on the responses, setting up profile, asking for reviews, etc...  And they delete our comments!

NOPE! I'm on promote and have only had two hires for the year so far!!! Also had a half dozen ghosts reach out who then disappeared.

I just had another encounter with a "ghost." They contacted me, "I'd love to chat. When can I call you?" After responding with "I will be available all afternoon..." I never heard from them again, even after trying to message them several times. And for this I am charged. Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Db8718 I apologize for any confusion. However, I want to make the clarification that when a pro sends a quote through the jobs feed, they will show up under that project for the customer with a button the customer can click to read the message. but it doesn’t show up in the customer's actual inbox until the customer responds. They may also receive a notification that other pros are interested depending on their notification settings.

I can understand the hesitation with promoting and not knowing the cost upfront as you've mentioned, but that's why we created your weekly budget to limit how much you spend on those leads. That page will also include a range that you can expect to pay per contact under the QA section. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

@Kameron  so the quote appears on their TT page with a response button...not to their email .   If the client logs out of TT for the next month, he doesn't see any other quotes...so effectively, that's blocking the other pros!!!