Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Meckell

Re: Quotes Aren't Being Viewed

@AutumnElectric As Kameron mentioned above, it is determined by the notifications that the customer has set. So they can see it in their email if they choose to receive those notifications. 

Well, that would suggest that the default setting is to NOT send email notifications, which may not be apparent or easy for the customer to know, because nobody (as countless ONLINE Pros have indicated here), nobody is viewing/responding to quotes sent out by those of us whom choose not to use the so-called PROMO MY BUSINESS option.

Highlighted

Client's aren't reading the pro's profile, we know that because of the questions they send us. Why would anyone possibly think that they are capable of managing email settings? They probably don't even know they exist!

I'm curious, and neither your or Kameron have repied back to this. 

Did TT removed the "Client Viewed Your Quote" notification? And I'm not talking about the email notification (which I know you already did away with before the 1st of the yera) but the notification that use to be shown on the Quotes Sent dashboard. I have not seen such a notification on the dashboard for more than a month now...?

So, if you havent', then I find it hard to believe that if you say that customers are NOT being blocked and that they can view our quote responses on at the very least their dashboard, how is it that "nobody" is viewing the quotes sent?? Suredly, somebody, at least one individual, would have bothered to view the huge amount of quotes that I have sent out over the past several months??

Or, is has your statements been false regarding blocking?

Moderator Kameron

@VAMarketingGuy correct the signal that customers have viewed your offer was indeed removed. It was something included in our first monthly product updates post for February. You can read more about it here: https://community.thumbtack.com/t5/Product-news-updates/February-s-product-improvements/m-p/20451

Very sad... more lack of transparency.

I am befuddled as to why TT would think that this would be of benefit to ONLINE Pros? Did they take a survey and everyone said "Please, please get rid of this feature. I don't want any feedback as to how I am connecting with my potential clients."

Pleaes explain.

Moderator Kameron

@VAMarketingGuy it's mentioned in the post that we want to help you focus on your interactions with customers once they contact you. The Jobs tab is where pros will find customers who have already reached out to directly to another pro. Whereas customers who have responded or reached out to you directly are where there is a better opportunity to respond and attempt to secure the hire. Do you feel that notification helped you follow up with customers and that you were able to get additional responses from them with it? If so I'd be happy to pass that insight along for review. 

0 Kudos

If find it hard to believe how TT (you) does not understand how feedback indicators like these notifications help ONLINE Pros to get a "total picture" of how the customer interacts on this platform.

Yes, I (we) would like to have this feature back - and I encourage anyone else who is participating on this forum to chime in here. Over the last two years, TT has been slowly chipping away at how customers respond back to us. The latest case in point: How do we know that customers are actually viewing our quotes if there are no notifications like these to let us know?

Deny transparency only leads to distrust and harboring of feelings of bad intent. February's removal of this feature only re-enforces this aura. 

Moderator Kameron

@VAMarketingGuy it's definitely hard to hear that these changes have led you to feel any level distrust. I'll be making sure your thoughts and sentiment on this are heard through your feedback.

0 Kudos

ZERO trust! It's all a hidden agenda unti we come here freaking out trying desperately to find answers and stumble onto this! It's always about how to extract the most $ out of the pro while returning the least service. This is outrageous that we are being blocked! We pay and we're blocked! And we're never notified about anything!