results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
PastorHoward
Level 6

Re: Quotes

That still doesn't give me an option to quote different pricing on a request by request basis. 

LucyLu
Level 4

Exactly! I can NOT answer every potential question in my intro. I’m really REALLY unhappy at this point. I feel I got to BE a Top Pro BECAUSE I’m focused on each customer and customizing my quotes to be more personal. I can’t even figure out a way to send a follow-up note like I used to.

Thumbtack, you’ve gone and messed a good thing up. Restricting your Pros by deciding what YOU think “makes it easier” to quote cuts into the very heart of WHY Thumbtack was different and better in the first place! Now? I’m forced to send the exact same “Intro” to every single customer. My ability to address what I thought might need to be done in a situation, be personable, and connect with people, based on each jobs’ info (whether cleaning or organizing) MADE me stand out. You’ve ruined this. :-(
Kschilling
Level 6

I totally agree with you! When I was pursching credits I could customize my quotes, now I'm stuck with one intro which I changed based on this new quoting system. I'm very disappointed and will not recommend mb d anymore to other professionals. " come on Thumbtack, put us back to good"
Kschilling
Level 6

I totally agree with you! When I was pursching credits I could customize my quotes, now I'm stuck with one intro which I changed based on this new quoting system. I'm very disappointed and will not recommend anymore to other professionals. " come on Thumbtack, put us back to good"
Kschilling
Level 6

LucyLu,
You can still send a follow up note. Once it tells you that they have view your quote I immediately go to their quote and send a note then to customize my bid. However, they doubt a l.jways view it!! I'm with you a 100% I wouldn't recommend to any new pro, not they way it is now!!!!!!
DrJay
Level 6

You said it!  I totally agree with what you are saying here.  I have all the same problems and don't see any solutions in the near future from TT.  I have started looking into other sites to get jobs as TT has failed us.  I have sent emails and complained every chance I get, but it falls on deaf ears.  I wish you luck in the future, I hope it gets better for us.

PastorHoward
Level 6

I see the format where Instant Match is not used as purposely being geared to hamper free stye quoting in order the pressure vendors to move to the I M system. I tried it and it cost me way more in the long run that the discounts offered for using it.  The I M system is geared to make more money for TT than as a convenience for vendors!

0 Kudos
PastorHoward
Level 6

I did give it a try and it is a disaster for me.
Highlighted
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

@PastorHoward I'm so sorry to hear that. What did you find was disastrous? Was it that you couldn't get the correct pricing for the quotes? People weren't responding? Was it that you felt it needed a personal message? Would love to understand so I can help you figure out a way for it to work. 

0 Kudos
mm
Level 7

I’m a Top Pro and have been on TT for about 4 years. I offer videography for corporate and events as well as industrial photography, scanning and photo restoration. 164 hires and 78 5 star reviews. Average sale is about $1600. I have many repeat and recurring clients.

To address the time saving aspect of IM: sending a custom quote takes about 30 seconds if you use your pre writtten responses wisely. My responses are personalized and ask specific questions to qualify the customer and promote dialog. As I understand it, IM sends the same canned messages from all pros asking for more information. It’s poorly written and makes us look uncaring and lazy.

I’ve been testing IM for two weeks and not one person has been hired and contact rates are very low. In most instances the customer gets through about 8 “bids” before loosing interest so the manual bidders aren’t even getting looked at. Just 2 years ago I was told multiple times by TT that market research supported that 5 bids was ideal for consumers. What has changed? Apparently nothing.

Additionally 90% of my IMs are requests that I would have never bid on in the first place, usually for unrealistic budgets but some are for jobs I simply don’t like to do.

I’m sad to say this looks like it’s destroying the integrity TT had just months ago. We all want TT to thrive as it was a great resource for new work and 95% of my new clients were from TT. Now I’m looking to Bark and others for new customers.

I’m hoping my feedback will help Marco and management to come back from the direction they are headed to what worked for us but it sounds like it was not profitable for you.

I think with a few tweaks IM will work:

1) Allow custom auto responses based on customer intake.

2) limit to 2 IM bids and 3 manual

3) Eliminate canned customer responses. They help no pros and we usually already address those types of questions.

4) integrate your calendar with Google calendar.

Thanks for giving us this forum for feedback!