Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
PastorHoward
Level 6

Re: Quotes

Primarily my srvices are not a one size fits all. There are variables that are way to complex to cram into a profile overview.

0 Kudos
DrJay
Level 6

I totally agree with you, it looks like we are in the same business and I have the same problem with the automatic quote system.  Each customer is different, and I need to base my quote on several factors.  TT is not really in tune with our business, they really need to take with many of us to determine what would work best for us.  

Wedelelec
Level 1

Quotes

I have tried several times to send a quote and I keep getting a message that I can’t and to go to the web sight. I can’t get any answers to my wuestions, I would appreciate a response from Thumbtack
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi, @Wedelelec I looked into your account and I'm not seeing any current requests for you to quote on. I want to get a better idea of what's going on. Will you please send me a direct message with a screenshot of the error you're getting? 

0 Kudos
TrapperRick
Level 5

Quotes

Recently I got a request through Thumbtack but 4 days later still heard nothing from the customer. On the fifth day I got a message from that person on Facebook saying they could not get through to me on Thumbtack but desperately wanted to hire me. This actually set off a chain reaction that brought me numerous other jobs so I guess I should be thanking Thumbtack. Due to their flawed system and difficulty for customers to use it, I have gotten several jobs from social network sites and best of all there are no fees!!

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@TrapperRick Hmm, that's odd. Could you reach out to me in a DM with the name of the customer so I can possibly see what's going on there?

0 Kudos
Mr_Fixit
Level 1

Quotes

The system is off a bit. They say you pay for a contact but lately my contacts have been $11 or more. I don't know why it's so much now but what I suggest as a pro is you make a budget for your contacts. Once you set your budget set a standard quote template for each section of your business type that you're willing to do. There's no limit 2 how many combinations you can have for your business. Just make a few to start with and take it from there
Moderator Meckell

Hi @Mr_Fixit. You're right, prices are higher than before. That's because you're only paying when a customer responds and therefore, is a more valuable contact. Prices will fluctuate depending on how the customer contacts you, the demand in your area and overall value of the job. This video does a great job at explaining this, check it out: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/pay-for-contacts

0 Kudos
Highlighted
gkvideoguy
Level 5

I have seen (including in this video) that Thumbtack will charge us if a customer makes contact with a phone call.

How does thumbtack know if this has occurred?

Gary

0 Kudos
Brandon76
Level 4

Quotes

As a carpet cleaner quoting have been a little challenging, simply because pre-draft wording such as ( moving furniture and cleaning supplies) and the fact that it ask how much for stairs...... I that’s something that should not be there I should be able to select that also feel that customers say what they need and if they say stairs and 4 rooms stairs are in the price so there no need to put stair 1 2 and 3 if they say 2 flight in there request than that’s in a given quote that space should be used as a space to put an additional charge and want for...
0 Kudos