Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
fotoed
Level 4

Quotes

When I just bid on a job, rather than seeing if the bid was sent to the customer, a page regarding setting a budget appears and I can't close the page. I've set a budget. It's more important to see if the quote went through.  And Thumbtack's phone service is non-existent. These changes are not satisfactory! 

Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
20 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Quotes

@fotoed Let me take a look and see what's going on. Can you send me a private message with your account email address? 

0 Kudos
fotoed
Level 4

I just bid on a job and when I sent it, I didn’t see if it went to the customer - a screen regarding setting quotes appeared. I have set quotes a while ago. And you can’t get rid of the setting quotes page. This is extremely annoying. It interferes with my business. What do you suggest?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

I need to get a better idea of what's going on so I can give you accurate info. In order to do that, I need to look into your account. Go to my profile here and then select "direct message." In your direct message to me, give me your account email address and possibly a screenshot of what you're seeing. 

0 Kudos
rajtamang
Level 4

New quotes

Hello,

I am new to Thumbtack. I submitted 3 quotes, and I got response (call) from none of them. It is weird. Am I missing something?

Thanks,

Raj

0 Kudos
Community Manager DustiO
Community Manager

Re: New quotes

Hi @rajtamang if you want to direct message me the email address you use for your Thumbtack account, I can check and make sure nothing is missing.

But speaking as a fellow Thumbtack pro (4 years as a cake maker) - I typically bid on 5-6 jobs before I win one. So, you are still doing great! Make sure you are sending follow up messages to the quotes you have sent out, that might help. And make sure that your profile is complete, so that potential customers are getting a good feel for what to expect if they do business with you.

Best of luck!

Dusti

0 Kudos
garywalters
Level 5

No reason to even send a quote

How could I possible send a realistic quotes when you guys have removed all the facts I need to know such as...do they also need eng session....what is their budget range.....how ready are they readyb to hire.. You have fixed something that wasn't broke. Thunbtack used to be 90% of my business now less than 5 %.

Here is the last request...How could I possibly send them a quote:

acquelyn F. is looking for Wedding and Event Photography

Peoria, IL 61604

0other pros contacted26mavg pro response timeView Request Event typeWeddingNumber of attendees100 - 150 peopleIndoors or outdoorsOutdoorsPhoto formatsDigital or online download, CD / DVD, Flash drive, Physical proofs or printsDesired type of service $ (basic)
$$ (standard)
$$$ (premium)
$$$$ (high-end)Customer roleBride or groomZip code61604WhenDate: Sat Oct 12 2019 Time: 1:00 PM Length: 7 hoursWherePeoria, IL

0 Kudos
NEP
Level 1

Junk Removal Quoting Unseen Jobs

Have To quote Job that has boat and trailer and other item 4 or more truck loads Hard To Quote with out knowing boat size for Removal
0 Kudos
Alsbooth
Level 1

Quotes

Don't understand why we get clients messaging us to see if we are available. Why would Thumbtack send a quote if we were not available. 

0 Kudos
BrighterPath
Level 4

Seeing quotes sent

I use a quote template and then insert text for each specific lead. It would be good if I could see what I wrote for each quote sent. Is there a way to do this already or could it be added? I can see Messages, Jobs, Services, and Profile, but no opportunity to keep track of the quotes that I have sent out. Thanks for any clarification of this topic.

0 Kudos