Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Re: Request a Review?!

Solved! Jump to solution

How can we turn this off? I will ask them for a review when I'm ready.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@QuilterinIowa as of right now, there isn't an option to turn this off. We understand how important reviews are for professionals and that's why we prompt customers to leave them. I'd love to hear any suggestions you have about this! 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I thought someone just said we can turn this off. So what is it?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Sorry for any confusion @QuilterinIowa. This is not something that can be turned off. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted

Solved! Jump to solution

Here's my problem. I can update the status of a customer and say I'm in-progress working with them and to NOT send the customer a review request. But if the customer marks me as hired, they automatically and immediately get a review prompt. Why can the customer not get a second prompt after marking me as hired saying are you in-progress or finished with your project, and if they mark in-progress, you prompt me to schedule the review request for after the project is over. The customer only has one additional, simple, and logical question to answer after marking me hired and they don't get prompted to leave a review they don't have the experience to provide. I JUST had another customer do this yesterday and we haven't even met in person for the consultation. She actually hasn't hired me yet, she's just agreed to a consult but responded to the prompt asking if she hired me and the prompt for a review. It's highly frustrating that I'm going to have to ask her after the fact to add context to her review.

0 Kudos
jfriesen
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I have had that happen to me also. One client gave me a 4 star review with no comment before we even met. I then asked her to update her review after we worked together.

Is this a change in what has happened in the past?  I don't mind being reminded to ask for reviews. I have noticed however that after several happy years using the service I am having a bumpy time lately. It is not a big deal, I just wonder. Did someone else buy the company at the time when they changed the logo and updated the look and is trying new things??

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm right there with you. Even when I schedule a review for a future date, my customer is asked to write a review. That's how I got a 3-star rating! I hadn't even started the job yet. I wish I could turn off the automatic review that TT sends out. If I'm responsible enough to be running my own biz, I'm responsible enough to ask for my own reviews. Most of my work has come through this site and yes, there are issues that need to be fixed but I'm confident that they will be, hopefully sooner rather than later.

TackMaster ChefPaulStaley
TackMaster

Solved! Jump to solution

I agree, although I am not getting near that many prompts. I don't like the prompt if I haven't been hired and I really don't like that it is auto-filled to begin with. But that is a peeve of mine, as I don't like to pander for reviews (seems tacky to me...). I'm glad this is being looked into!

0 Kudos
BillPersons
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

Hmm, I thought I had chimed in on this but it looks like I never hit send......

I *really* would like to see the prompts to go away,  and just leave it to me when to ask for a review.   Reviews that precede the actual job are typically just some number of stars, possibly with one held back because, well, the client knows they haven't seen the result yet.  So what's the point?     

I get that a customer may want to say something nice about my communication early in the process, but I think for most of us, and definitely for most clients, the only important factor is the final result - how happy was the customer with what I delivered, how I delivered it, and what it was like to work with me.

Ideally, I'd like it to be impossible to for a client to leave a review until one of us has marked me as hired and the job as complete.   I *do* think the customer should be able to leave a review on their own initiative at that point (and not just when i ask them), so that the reviews are not limited to clients we've selected.   (Sure, I'd like to pick only the best, but i think in the long run it's important for the reviews to mean something).

B

GeorgeH
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

How about that "hired" button.  I have asked clients to go back and mark me as hired, and they dont even have that option.  I get to mak myself as hired for their job... Just wondering if TT then verifys that, or can I mark myself as hired for all my quotes...???