Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence

Request a Review?!

Solved! Jump to solution

I want to see if anyone else is annoyed to the point of screaming when it comes to TT's automatic prompts surrounding asking for reviews. And I preface this with the fact I love TT. It's the core of my business right now and I never would have grown at this rate without it. I don't mind the new changes to quoting, I really couldn't care less. I'm lucky to be in a dominating niche in my area for my profession and it just works for me. That being said, this is a major and frustrating pet peeve of mine, and I want to see if it's a problem for anyone else.

It seems like every 5 minutes I get an email from TT encouraging me to ask for a review from someone I haven't been hired by. Most of the time it's someone who I haven't even corresponded with. Last week I received FIVE emails within TWO HOURS to ask the same person for a review and I never even met or spoke to the person. They messaged me, I messaged back and heard nothing.

Plus, when I'm 'hired' on TT, it's typically after a consultation and not after the actual work is complete (I'm a dog trainer, so it can be weeks or months before the job is finished). TT will ask if I want to request a review and give the option to schedule a message for a review in the future. EVERY time I schedule a request for 4-6 weeks from the hire date, the customer gets the prompted not in 4-6 weeks but the same freaking day. They leave a 4-5 star review with no description of their experience because we haven't even started working!

Is this a problem for anyone else? Because I've emailed TT about this before and got a generic response. It's the only time I've really lost my patience with TT. It's ridiculous. If you're going to offer to schedule a review request for later, make sure it works first!

Occupations (1)
States
3 accepted solutions

Accepted Solutions

Re: Request a Review?!

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @GrayHouseDogs. We do push for reviews because statistically the more you have, the more likely you are to get hired. However, I get it, all those emails seem a bit much especially when it's for someone who didn't hire you. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts about this, I'll be sure to send in your feedback to our Product Team.

View solution in original post

Solved! Jump to solution

Hey there @GeorgeH. Customers have the option to update the status of their project, and from there, can mark a pro as hired. If a pro marks themselves as hired, we send an email to the customer to verify it. Let me know if you have any other questions about this.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@QuilterinIowa you get notified when a customer marks you as hired and when they leave you a review. Once a customer marks you as hired, we then ask them if the job is complete or if it's in progress. If the job has already been completed, we prompt them to leave a review right then. If it's in progress, we ask them the date it will be completed and will send them a reminder on that day to leave a review. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos
25 responses
RoseMort
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution

I have noticed this as well. In the past, if you got the email that says "Ask Jason for a review" it means that he hired you. So all this time I'm thinking, oh wow, they hired me. Dig deeper and you find that Thumbtack sends this to you for everyone you've sent a quote to!

GeorgeH
Level 8

Solved! Jump to solution

its just the the automatic messages that encourage you to follow up with your quotes... All of this is designed to get the client to make any sort of response.... because with that response, TT gets paid.

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @GrayHouseDogs. We do push for reviews because statistically the more you have, the more likely you are to get hired. However, I get it, all those emails seem a bit much especially when it's for someone who didn't hire you. I appreciate you taking the time to let us know your thoughts about this, I'll be sure to send in your feedback to our Product Team.

jonturino
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Please stop automatically sending review requests to clients who have not had their jobs completed yet! I just got an "empty" 5-star today 8-5-18 for a wedding I'm doing on 8-8-18.  The review is worthless to me on social media and my website since it has no words. It annoys the client and is a pain for me.

aylads
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
I can't give you an answer about the review requests you are getting for unhired clients, but as soon as I am fired, I go to the review change date link on the top rt hand corner of the quote. The 3 little dots. I don't wait for TT to ask me. By doing that, I have not had a problem with receiving reviews before the work is done. Hope this helps!
0 Kudos
RCPS
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

Yes, since the recent changes, I'm also receiving email prompts to ask for reviews before I'm hired.  It's kind of getting annoying now.

I'm glad this feedback is being looked into, thanks!

ChefPatrick
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

If you go to your dashboard in the upper right hand corner there is a down arrow click on that .  then open the setting.  you can disable any alerts you would like.

Respectfully

Chef Pat

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

What is this alert called in the settings? I don't find it in the Notifications box. 

If I'm not at home when someone marks me as Hired, it may be that the system asks that new client for a review before I remember to go in and change the review date. I just hate this! I then explain to the customer that I'm sorry about this.

Waiting for a response to this really important question.

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

@QuilterinIowa you get notified when a customer marks you as hired and when they leave you a review. Once a customer marks you as hired, we then ask them if the job is complete or if it's in progress. If the job has already been completed, we prompt them to leave a review right then. If it's in progress, we ask them the date it will be completed and will send them a reminder on that day to leave a review. Let me know if you have any other questions! 

0 Kudos