Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
MR
Level 11

Request for Status Update on Thumbtack Changes

@Kameron

On January 30, 2019 you made the following update post regarding the system changes. In this post you asked for feedback on how pro's thought it was going. Since then, the sentiment on these boards and throughout the internet has shown that significant re-work is needed. 

Would you like to update this message so that we can see where things stand today in the eyes of Thumbtack? Unfortunately the MarcoZ webinar left us wanting more information as it was extremely high level and vague.

As we have options, an update will be helpful as pros make business decisions on where to source leads as we head into the warmer months where many will be seeing an more active enviornment as the number of weddings, proms, remodelings, outdoor projects, etc. increase. 

===

On 1/30/19, Kameron Posted:

Re: Bring the old system back

Hello pros, as we've done in the past we'll be closing this thread to help keep things organized and easy to find and read in the Community. We want to thank you for sharing and sending us your feedback! Here are a few words from Jason in our Q&A yesterday that I think you’ll all find some benefit in.

"We know that it’s really important for your business to succeed, and we hope that we can partner with you to help you reach your goals.

I hear your frustrations - there’s been a lot of change at Thumbtack lately. But the good news is that the major changes are behind us! And that means that the new system is here to stay. Let me tell you why that's a good thing: in the old world, with the old system, 80% of customers never saw a single pro.  They'd come to Thumbtack looking to hire, but they'd leave before talking to anyone. Those were your potential jobs - money that could have been in pros' pockets!

So we knew that we had to introduce customers to pros instantly, so that they'll actually hire someone.  Customers want instant results! Just think about your own experience on Amazon or online travel sites.  The new system let's us give customers the instant results they expect.  This new system is working for customers and pros alike, and we believe it can work for you too!

That said, we know the system isn’t perfect yet, and we need your feedback to make it better. So keep posting your ideas! Tell us what’s working or not working. Remember that improving Thumbtack takes time: not every idea will lead to an update overnight. So we ask for your patience as we work through your feedback and release subsequent improvements.

In the meantime, there are a few things you can do right now to be more successful in the new system. Here are a few ways to rank higher in search results:

1. Improve your profile
  2. Promote your profile
  3. Respond quickly
  4. List your prices
  5. Get lots of great reviews

It’s important to me to see pros like you succeed on Thumbtack. I joined Thumbtack because I believe in small businesses, and I have all the respect in the world for what our pros do. It’s my job to make your voices heard and I take that seriously.

Even more, Thumbtack won’t succeed if you don’t succeed. This is a partnership. So we can’t make decisions that benefit the customer or the company at the expense of our pros. We’re here to support you, so if you’ve tried the recommendations we’ve posted and still aren’t finding success - let us know! Call support or send our moderators ( @Meckell or @Kameron ) a private message"

18 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: Request for Status Update on Thumbtack Changes

@MR mine and Jasons sentiment and thoughts from this post still remain the same. At the same time, we know that there are portions of the site that need improvements and we've acknowledged those as they are pointed out and share each pros specific experience and point of view in regards to the topic. We've also been working to help pros in any way that we can in the meantime who may be having a hard time under the new system. 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Kameron  Thank you, 

I would love some of that help. Maybe I am missing something. Is there someone I can call?

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@MR  If you'd prefer to speak with our teams on the phone, you can reach us at 800-948-2034 Monday-Friday 7am-8pm MST. 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

@Kameron Any chance I can get an escalation to a more senior person than the call center? I really dont want to go through the basics of respond quickly and have a good profile as that would just be slowing down getting to the heart of the issues.

Moderator Meckell

@MR anyone you get in contact with from our support team will be able to help with whatever you need. They talk to multiple pros everyday and have very extensive knowledge about how Thumbtack works and what pros can do to be successful. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell, if I call that number, will I get to speak to someone in the United States or will it be re-routed?
Also, will I be able to speak to a supervisor?
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@DJStevie anyone that takes your call will be able to provide the same level of assistance as a supervisor. Whether that's from our offices in the U.S. or not.

0 Kudos
MR
Level 11

Thought on lack of communication and lack of change

Many have been complaining here and across the internet on TT poor performance for quite some time. Very little has been said to give us hope of change.
I am asking if TT can tell us why the delay and why the lack of information to it's paying customers? I think we all agree that the Marco webchat did little to answer this question and the Marco posts of 2 weeks ago fell short as well.
If anyone out there has any ideas on this that are based on fact please share. It would be great to know why this is taking so long to resolve and why we are given so little information.
Obviously I am not asking for confidential information to be shared, but surely there is something you can share.
Highlighted
MR
Level 11

Re: Thought on lack of communication and lack of change