Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?

Review Alignment on Profile

I received a negative 2 star review from an extremely difficult/impossible client a few months back and have since received 5 additional 5 star reviews. But, for some reason the negative review still shows as one of the top 3 reviews on my profile. Why is this? What determines the order in which they appear? Why is it not in chronological order according to the date received (which seems to make the most sense)? Is this a glitch?
Occupations (2)
0 Kudos
11 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Review Alignment on Profile

@Alilewisinterio The first review a customer will see is the most recent, complete verified review. After that, the review order is determined by the following criteria:
  1. The review is verified.
  2. The review has at least one media item attached.
  3. The review text length is within 52 - 675 characters.
  4. The review was updated recently.

I looked at your profile and am seeing two 5-star reviews at the top of your reviews. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

Thank you for the clarity! However, it still seems a little unfair, especially since most of what the 2 star reviewer wrote was fabricated. It is extremely long, so until someone leaves a review that's longer, the 2 star review is always going to show in my top 3. No one's evergoing to leave a longer review. I think this is something that should be changed. Reviews should just appear in chronological date order.
0 Kudos
CLGPatrick
Level 7

Hey @Alilewisinterio,

I actually like that negative review on your profile.  His review was so long, that it didn't even appear worth reading, while your response was short, professional, and to the point.  From someone that doesn't work in interior design, I look at that review and compare it to the other 5 Star reviews.  After doing that, I'm seeing that your work and the other reviews are genuine.  Sometimes, a lower ranked review can hurt and other times it can help.  I'd honestly hire you!

I think it'll help in for the most part.  Just keep putting out fresh content (photos of your work) and you'll most likely find that these kinds of reviews can actually help.

Cheers,

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography

@CLGPatrick I guess you're right! Thank you so much for your feedback! It really helped me see this negative review from a different perspective. This makes me feel much better😊. Hopefully, the review will help more than it hurts. Thanks!!
Moderator Meckell

@Alilewisinterio you have plenty of other awesome of reviews on your profile, you should definitely be proud of those!

Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Such a great call out @CLGPatrick! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and advice about this. 

CLGPatrick
Level 7

@Alilewisinterio, of course!

I'm glad to be of help!  Your portfolio looks great, let it do all the talking. My only suggestion is to add a little more of your own personality to the profile.  When I hire someone in the creative arts (especially, since I'm a photographer) I hire someone because I know I'll enjoy them and their creative process.  I've hired some photographers that do amazing work, but I absolutely hated working with them.  Then, I've hired some photographers that were pretty good but were absolutely amazing to work with.  Which photos do you think I enjoy the most now?

@Meckell, always here to help!

Cheers,

Patrick Skinner
CLG Photography
DJStevie
Level 12

Order of reviews

What is the default setting for order of reviews? And, is it possible for a Pro to change that?

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Order of reviews

@DJStevie Be sure to check out my response to another pro about this here. For a little further context, pros aren't able to change how reviews are shown on their profile, but, customers do have the option to sort them to view them how they want. 

0 Kudos