Highlighted

Review Deleted and account on hold

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
5-Star Review Deleted by Thumbtack Staff - No specific reason given
I recieved an email from Thumbtack staff telling me they were deleted because they "violated Thumbtack's terms & conditions." They were honest reviews that really appreciated my services. I can't imagine how they violated anything. On the top of that now my account is on hold.
How can I get a specific answer as to why these reviews were deleted? And start getting leads again?

Thanks.
States
replies
Highlighted

Re: Review Deleted and account on hold

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@sergiofsr please respond to the email you received regarding the reviews being removed with any follow-up questions. As far as your account being on hold, another email was sent to you about that. Please check that out and respond there with any follow up questions. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer
Dear Meckell
I received only one email from
do-not-reply@thumbtack.com
I replied to this email, will anyone read it since it's a do-not-reply email?
Sincerely
Sergio
Highlighted

Community Manager
Community Manager
Best Answer

@sergiofsr I'm looking into this situation and will send you a private message with more info regarding your case. Keep an eye out for that. 

0 Likes
Highlighted

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Sergiofsr, I had the same thing happen to me just yesterday. I was told by a pro member that my account was being put on hold because the review was rejected three times for a violation. When speaking to said member I was informed that the violation can be as simple as using the same IOS , account name, device as yourself, or even being within the proximity of your buisness. We tried usng a different device and location but the review still got removed and the hold was placed. I was told it would be one week until the hold was taken off. During this time I must watch as opportunities come in and I loose money. If your review was removed and account was put on hold for a similar reason, this is not your fault.

Highlighted

Active Community Member
Best Answer

So if I am understanding this correctly,  if two reviews come from the same IP, or even in the same proximity, they are flagged.  

Well, that's kind of wrong.  I know that I get a lot of my business from the same household.  I do a resume for someone, and they recommend me to a spouse, sibling or child.  One of the few benefits of using Thumbtack (which I use less now because the pricing is outrageous) is getting referals to other customers in the same family.  

Highlighted

Community Regular
Best Answer

The same thing happened to me this evening. After explaining to the customer support what happened in that the reviews were sent in the same location due to the two individuals being related and both customers of mine, I am now on hold for 7 days. It's bizarre. I've never had this happen before, also. Goodluck working it out!

0 Likes
Highlighted

Customer review - removed due to violation?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hi There, 

I just signed up and I want to get myself quickly established so I started reaching out to all of my past clients to leave reviews. The very first one gets removed and now my account is flagged.  This is alarming and surprising to me. 

I would like to better understand why this happened. 

Can the review be reposted by the client? 

Will I have this kind of trouble with all of my client reviews? As I have other clients that will be posting here soon.  Do other people have this kind of trouble trying to get established on your site?  Is this trouble worth it or should I do business elsewhere to gain leads? 

Re: Customer review - removed due to violation?

Community Expert
Best Answer

Hello @Stacy_Laine

I'm sorry to hear that you've run into a hiccup like this while getting your account and profile established.

We want to make sure our review system is honest and our teams found this review to be inauthentic. We understand your reviews are important, but this review will remain removed and won't be able to be reposted by the client.

We still encourage you to reach out to past clients who can leave you a review. You can have up to 10 reviews from previous customers that you didn't meet on Thumbtack. To learn more about how to do this and share your public review link you can take a look at this help center article: Ask for reviews.

If you have further concerns or questions feel free to reach out to us at 800-948-2034 (Mon-Fri 7am-8pm, MST). 

Give me a 'Kudo' if you find this post helpful or mark 'Best Answer' if it answers your question.
0 Likes
Highlighted

Re: Customer review - removed due to violation?

Community Newcomer
Best Answer

Hmmmm I not sure how you can judge if a review is honest or not. This was a former client of mine and that is what she wrote. This is frustrating and without further info as to why this was taken down I am not sure this website is worth my time.  

Really, do I go back to my client and say - HEY the website says you are not being honest about your experience. Can you rephrase and repost?