Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
FitnessKt
Level 5

Reviews, Blocking, Harrassment

Solved! Jump to solution
We need protection from harrassment. Several times I was contacted by creeps who think this app is Craigslist and therefore can come on to harass women. I was very upset to have this guy text me asking for nude yoga sessions. Before that I had a guy send me photos of himself with just a towel on. And another time a guy got nasty with me and wrote to me about my tattoos he saw in my photos. He was super annoying. They think we are here for them to bother us because we wear tight gym clothes. They should know we pay for them to write to us and it’s serious! I’m already trying to avoid training males at their private homes because I was attacked once. But I pay when they contact me. I just can’t do it anymore but I don’t want it to be personally against them. I just don’t feel safe. They however are able to pick the gender of the Trainer. Let us press pass on people we cannot train and therefore get a refund if we press pass please. Then we don’t have to reply and explain why we cannot train them. It avoids the conflict. Many of them are not serious, are creepy, or they ask for unreasonable services.
Also, what do we do if the review is unjust? I got a 1 Star review yesterday from someone I never worked with! She was mad that I couldn’t train her because she needs someone with an Equinox gym membership which doesn’t make sense. If I worked there, I wouldn’t be on this app. It’s a weird request and she was mad when I said she must have made a mistake. She got really hostile fast and kept writing to me. There was no way to block her! She pressed “hired” just to review me because she was mad that I cannot train her and then she unhired me. That shouldn’t be allowed to happen. I never met her. I didn’t even speak on the phone with her. And she didn’t follow the app polices by asking for something the trainers cannot provide and did not match her preferences. My preferences specifically say I train at people’s homes and it clearly says it on my profile which they never read! We need the replies again. We pay more for quotes and they get less info from us (just the profile) which I understand is great for Thumbtact to make easy money but please protect us. She wrote in her preferences that she wants someone to train at her home, outdoors, or someone she will travel to but that wasn’t true! She wanted someone with the same gym as her which is the most expensive gym at $200/month. Me pointing out that it wouldn’t be possible freaked her out. But it was not in my control. It was already unfair that I spent $16 for her quote which I managed to get a refund for but her request was not possible. And my profile even explains I am not affiliated with a gym but I train at people’s homes. They don’t read before contacting us. They don’t know we have a high fee. I miss the system in which I could send a automatic reply explaining my service more because they really don’t check the profiles. I also need to be able to block her as she wouldn’t stop harassing me and now can see my personal details in my first message to her which makes me feel really uncomfortable.
Bottom line, please protect us more and give us an option to pass on people we cannot work with without paying and therefore avoiding the ugly conversation of saying no. And make it possible to block people. It’s so important! I don’t like being trolled and harassed. I take my business seriously which is why I love your app. Please help me with that review as well and note how it doesn’t reflect my work at all. It’s just not right. Thank you!
Occupations (1)
States
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Re: Reviews, Blocking, Harrassment

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @FitnessKt. I want to start by congratulating you on earning Top Pro. Your concerns are completely valid and you’ve taken the right steps by reaching out to us and our support team to get help. If you’re getting harassing, inappropriate contacts, we want to know about it and get it taken care of. You call follow these steps to report it: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/reporting-suspicious-activity or reach out to us and we can look into it. I don’t want you to feel unsafe. I can assure you that we have a team and system in place that works hard to keep our platform safe. There are times when things can slip through, so it’s always important to let us know what’s going on.

When it comes to reviews, we only delete them if they go against our Content and Review Policy, which you can read here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/content-and-review-policy. I want to look at the review in particular that you mentioned. Send me a private message with your account email address and the name of the customer who left the review. I'll help you in any way that I can. 

6 responses
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

Hi @FitnessKt. I want to start by congratulating you on earning Top Pro. Your concerns are completely valid and you’ve taken the right steps by reaching out to us and our support team to get help. If you’re getting harassing, inappropriate contacts, we want to know about it and get it taken care of. You call follow these steps to report it: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/reporting-suspicious-activity or reach out to us and we can look into it. I don’t want you to feel unsafe. I can assure you that we have a team and system in place that works hard to keep our platform safe. There are times when things can slip through, so it’s always important to let us know what’s going on.

When it comes to reviews, we only delete them if they go against our Content and Review Policy, which you can read here: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/content-and-review-policy. I want to look at the review in particular that you mentioned. Send me a private message with your account email address and the name of the customer who left the review. I'll help you in any way that I can. 

FitnessKt
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution
Sent
0 Kudos
Eventsat5280
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

I, too, just received my first 1-star review, with the crazy drunk client claiming I didn't do any work, when I explained I could not do what she was asking me due to liability.   There should be a way to at least put a crazy, bad review at the bottom of the list. In other programs we can move reviews around to highlight the best ones.  I don't see that here in Thumbtack??

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@Eventsat5280 let's see if there's anything I can do to help. Will you send me a direct message with your email address, the name of the customer, and more info on the situation?

0 Kudos
Hms
Level 4

Solved! Jump to solution
I had something similar, we showed up to the job and left, it was drug activity going on and I was not going to leave my team to work there.
I tried to give heads up to thumbtack and they didn't care, not long after that, costumer Posts a one star and stating we refused to do the job when it was not in the right conditions, text support didn't care, even when I was upset trying to let them know it was not safe not for us or any pro, .
I was told since we gave a quote we accepted the conditions... really??? Is all thumbtack cares about us.
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

This is concerning to hear @Hms, we don't want you guys in unsafe environments. Can you send me a private message with the name of the customer and any other info that may be helpful? I want to see what I can do to help. 

0 Kudos