results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Dan1
Level 6

Re: Reviews... Is something broken?

I was contacted by a customer and when I was driving to the appointment, ther was a accident and I couldn’t make the appointment on time. I am a business owner who doesn’t talk on the phone when there is so much traffic confusion during the work hours here. So once I got to a safe place I will contact the customer on the delay. We paid for the leads and we don’t blow off customers by not showing up! I tried to voice text but that’s not a good idea to do while driving because most of the messages were not the correct words I spoke so it is confusing to read so I stopped that procedure. BLUF, she gave me a 2 Star base on appointment time was later then she wanted which appointments are some time running behind. She has a business and I understand time management is important but don’t give a service review before I looked at the job. I see her business is Perfect I guess. TT should not even let that happen. This is my Business reputation.
Candi
Level 7

Re: Reviews... Is something broken?

Dan1, I agree we have things in life that happen. We try to do our best. I had 2 clients want to book 3 weeks before the 4th July for the 4th July. Everyone else in the Pro Travel Agent, I was told by them refused. So, I tried but I example that we would get left over in the hotel. One Lady wants a suite. The hotel that I found in the area that they want to go. I had the last room and it wasn't a suite. Her husband thought he could do better. The other Lady had 7 children, I couldn't find her anything. She had me doing vacations. She told me that she would get back with. 

See the problem was that both wanted some that  I couldn't give them. I told them 3 weeks before the 4th of July. The other having 7 children is hard to find the cheat.  I got a review of 4. But I didn't get paid. I work 4 hours trying to get what they wanted and cause TT to offer free quotes. 

If the Travel Agent business when you contact person and do the work you should get hired. I am being contacted and doing work free quote and then not getting paid. I

I was contacted by the Lady in college wanting this 2-week travel plan involving Train and cruise, plus hotel in Europe. Making the chains that she wanted don't always work and take time to book on a trip. You need the client available to answer questions. After all that she told me that she needs to wait. Then she came back and want something different. I told her I did one free quote next one you have to pay for and that stop that. She told 15 other travel agent doing the same thing. But we can't talk to each other so, I saw it in the chart thing. 

I get a lot of people like this. They are looking for prices and hotel. I do the work for them and I get nothing for it. I have TT charging me 13.00 for each one. I work by the commission from my travel partners. I don't get paid until they done with the trip. That is one of the things people ask me. Which make me think that they want me to work for free. 

I spend me time explaining what a travel agent does as well. It is like that they don't go to our profile at all. 

SparkleLawn
Level 4

Reviews not showing on profile

Hello all!

I have two customers to send us reviews but I don't see them on our profile. Am I missing something. Thanks in advance! Lamont, Sparkle

Moderator Meckell

Re: Reviews not showing on profile

I'm happy you reached out @SparkleLawn. It can at times take up to 48 hours for reviews to be shown on your account. If you aren't seeing them on your account by tomorrow, please let me know and I'll take another look into things!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
SparkleLawn
Level 4

Thank you. How do I go about finishing my profile? I have already uploaded images of past projects and explained them in detail including cost. I want to enter information to start receiving jobs

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@SparkleLawn your profile is in great shape so far! A few things I'd recommend to finish things up would be as follows:
- Taking and completing the voluntary background check to help with customer trust
- Continually add more reviews and photos as the opportunity comes. You can visit this page HERE to learn more about gathering reviews, even ones from previous customers outside of Thumbtack.
- Uploading any licenses that you may have
- Finish the QA section to share details about yourself and business to customers

To view your profile page and make any edits you'll just need to log in and then visit this page HERE.

0 Kudos
SparkleLawn
Level 4

okay i will complete background check section.  also i do not see a section for leaf removal and that is my main business during this season

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Leaf Removal isn't a category we have as of right now @SparkleLawn. I'll be sure to pass this along to the appropriate team letting them know this is a category that's wanted! 

0 Kudos
SparkleLawn
Level 4

ok thanks. I assume people will look in Full service lawn care for leaf removal services. Thank You

SparkleLawn
Level 4

i completed the background check  How long si the process for review? should I enter credit card info for leads now or wait for the background check to be complete because it does not show profile complete yet. I am not exectly sure what steps I have missed.

0 Kudos