results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
revbrian
Level 8

Reviews... Is something broken?

I just got told a client that booked me yesterday for a job at the end of next month has given me a five star review.

So far so good.

Only problem is that I set up the review request for the 23rd of September, the day after the work was scheduled to be done. I specifically remember setting that up this morning.

Are clients given the option of providing a review the moment they indicate a Pro is booked? If so what's the point of us choosing a date for the review request to be sent to them?

Don't you think that clients should NOT get a request for a review until the work has been completed?

Occupations (1)
States
29 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Reviews... Is something broken?

@revbrian no worries, nothing is broken. We allow customers to leave a review before a job is completed because there is an experience and sometimes an interaction before then. Customers do have the option to update their review as well and they can do that whenever they'd like. Maybe after the job is done you can encourage your customer to do that. That way, the review is reflected more on your work. Either way, a five star review is something to be proud of. Keep it up! 

revbrian
Level 8

@Meckell - so what has happened to my diary point in the Thumbtack system for a review request? Does it ever get sent to him, even if he has already given a review? 

I'm trying to work out how this works is all.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@revbrian Good question. Since he's already left you a review, he will not get your review request after the job is done. 

revbrian
Level 8

@Meckell "Good question. Since he's already left you a review, he will not get your review request after the job is done."

Hmmm... I'm siting here thinking that's not ideal - even if in this case it's good for me, as I get a five star review!

It just "feels" like it should wait until after the job is complete is all. Oh well.

Thanks for the reply.

revbrian
Level 8

Reviews?

I may have asked this before, but I was marked as hired TODAY by a customer and I set up to send her a review request the day after the job is due to be done (in three months time). So also TODAY she gives me a 5 star review with no text or other information on the review.

What happened to the review request going to the customer once the work is done?

It's crazy to ask for a review the day they mark you are hired if the job hasn't even started yet! Ok, well bizzarre at the very least!

I won't be sending review requests or updating my status if that's what it takes to get a timely review... Oh yes, and what about the narrative that used to be with the review? Has that also been ditched in the new and "improved" Thumbtack system?

Candi
Level 7

Re: Reviews?

I can answer your question. I had the same problem. They now put that you can set the date that you want the review to be sent. 

0 Kudos
revbrian
Level 8

@Candi - It turns out that customers (those who actually book you) are now being sent email after email by Thumbtack as soon as they change the status to booked begging them to leave a review for the Pro they just booked. At least this is what I was told yesterday evening by a client that they just left reviews to shut TT up and stop the unwanted and automated emails from coming. I have had this confirmed by another TT Pro, so it's not just me. 

I had already scheduled a review for the day AFTER the work was scheduled some way off in the future. I'm going to have to tell my clients NOT to respond to TT generated spam in the future.

The scheduled review request is no longer sent if the client leaves a review for me as a result of this bot prompted review (as per Meckell's reply above).

They only just get a chance to leave a number of stars with no acompanying text if you want to identify these bot reviews.

I had to appologize to this client about the spam coming from TT and when I told them about how much us TT Pro's are having to deal with now, they were shocked by the very idea that we have to pay if they jut reply to a quote, even if it's just a simple "No thanks" from them to us. Crazy.

By the way, a Moderator has deemed that this thread should be combined with another thread, so if the logical flow of messages here now seems somewhat illogical... don't panic.  

Mamathrasher
Level 3

I so agree. The bot emails are annoying and client thought it was me. And what happened to the HIRED button?

0 Kudos
revbrian
Level 8

@Candi - Just know that the ability to set a date for a review was a part of Thumbtak 18 months ago - and it worked perfectly.

Now its truly screwed up. Thumbtack need to go back to how the system was in early 2017. 

I along with nearly all the other pros here are totally fed up with how the site is now.