Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
DJStevie
Level 12

I'm not able to obtain a review link to send to previous customers. Why is that? Thumbtack asks for customer email and want to send a pre-written request which starts "Thanks for being a valued customer. I just signed up on Thumbtack to find more excellent customers like you,"

I didn't just sign up for Thumbtack, been with Thumbtack for well over a year now. Why can't I write a personal request? This pre-written request isn't coming from me personally, and why can't Thumbtack provide a review link?

0 Kudos
1 accepted solution

Accepted Solutions
Moderator Meckell

Hi there @DJStevie. I just sent you a private message with your review link Smiley Happy 

42 responses
Moderator Meckell

Hi there @DJStevie. I just sent you a private message with your review link Smiley Happy 

DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

Thank you! Just received it!

Can u give me your private message address or some address I can communicate with you about a customer that caused me a bit of trouble.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Bestdaddy69123 go ahead and send me a private message. You can do this by going to my profile here and then select direct message. 

Hoping to get some clarity on a review being deleted but emails going out to similar properties for reviews. I had a review placed from a site in an ad network under my company. IT was removed but multiple emails followed to the other sites in the network. Do I ask not to have reviews provided? New here and looking to make it a staple. Not trying to get off on the wrong foot with you guys. 

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@majoritymedia I'd like to hear more about this so that we can work to get you some clarity. Please send me a direct message here in the Community with some additional details so that I can begin to take a closer look into this for you.

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

Can someone please tell me why my reviews aren't in chronological order(newest-oldest)? Why does Thumbtack deem ok for reviews to jump around? If this system is geared towards customers to view us, wouldn't it be to our benefit for them to see reviews in the newest-oldest order? As a customer, I would question why a Pro has 2 recent, then 3 old, then another new one, etc. Who made that decision for us?

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie The first review a customer will see is the most recent, complete verified review. After that, the review order is determined by the following criteria:
  1. The review is verified.
  2. The review has at least one media item attached.
  3. The review text length is within 52 - 675 characters.
  4. The review was updated recently.

Another pro had a question about this a few weeks back, you can see that conversation here.  Let me know if you have any other questions. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

That's not fair at all. Some customers don't have time to write a lengthy review.  As a customer, I would want to see reviews listed newest-oldest so I can see how many new reviews a Pros has instead of "bouncing around" looking for new ones.

EDIT: As @cranichik added, If the first  reviews are from years ago, instead of the present, Customer would think that the Pro hasn't been working recently, and therefore will bypass us. This explains why I may not be getting alot of jobs, even when I had Promote on. I like the Reviews tool, but if it's not going to be from newest to oldest, then get rid of it.