Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: Why did Thumbtack remove a client review?

Solved! Jump to solution

@traviswardvideo at this point the best course of action is to continue your discussions with that support manager once they are able to reach out, because they have the necessary information needed in order to make a decision on your case. 

The removal of any review is done only if there is a clear violation of our terms of use or content and review policy - this includes any reviews that are found to be inauthentic. While we can’t disclose all the processes that we have in place to check this, our team has done their due diligence to make sure that only inauthentic reviews have been removed. 

0 Kudos

Solved! Jump to solution

"While we can’t disclose all the processes that we have in place to check this, our team has done their due diligence to make sure that only inauthentic reviews have been removed. "

Y'all haven't disclosed any of the processes that are in place, other than "there is a process". Again, with the mountain of evidence I provided that this person is real and is not a fraud (happy to provide proof of payment too, btw), all I get is "we only remove inauthentic reviews".

You see the problem? No one gives any information on how or why a review is deemed authentic.

I will absolutely continue trying to get an answer from this specific manager, but this is clearly a transparency problem here with your process. "Oh trust us, we only remove inauthentic reviews" means absolutely nothing when you have already removed an authentic review. It certainly isn't reassuring.

I'm just wanting someone from Thumbtack to stop reading a script back to me. You keep linking to terms of use and the content/review policy, and I'm just not seeing how that review violated it. We need transparency, not reassurance.

Solved! Jump to solution

Amazing. The supervisor I got has just said the same thing:

"Hi Travis,
Thanks for reaching Thumbtack Support and apologies for the delayed response!

This is Dennisis, one of the supervisors in Thumbtack Support team. I was able to review your case about [CLIENT NAME]'s review being removed from your account. I can guarantee you that the removal of this review was evaluated by our system and our team and these reviews are not something that we take lightly.

At this point, what I can do is to suggest to focus more on your customers that will lead you to more successful jobs and reviews.

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.
Best, Dennisis
Thumbtack Support Supervisor"   Do I need to further point out how infuriating this is and how it's a bottom of the barrel customer experience? Who is making these "Hey, let's make a system where our customers rely on reviews for exposure but also, we remove reviews without telling them why" decisions?

Solved! Jump to solution

I have not yet heard back from Dennisis or anyone else. I asked for a follow-up today. Great customer experience, here.

I'm putting in a refund/dispute for both times thie Real Human Client has hired me (2x, via Thumbtack, too). If y'all don't think they're a real person, you can give me my money back for that fake Lead. I think that's more than fair at this point.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Solved! Jump to solution

@traviswardvideo it looks like you received an email back from our support team yesterday. Have you had the chance to look that over? If not, go ahead and do so and feel free to respond to them with any follow-up questions. 

0 Kudos
DJPC
Level 5

Re: Reviews Setting Defaults

Solved! Jump to solution

My most complete and recent reviews do not appear first, in my opinion. The first review I see is from Jan 2019 but I have other recent reviews that are more lengthier and offer more details than the one in January. Why can't Thumbtack make the default setting "newest" first?

The negative review I received is from an event cancellation due to a relocation. That review does not meet any of the 6 criteria you mention below.

Please take a look at the review from Djuna on my profile and help me understand how it matches up to the 6 points you listed below.

Arieder
Level 4

Customers keep recieving review emails

Solved! Jump to solution
My past clients keep getting emails asking them to provide a review even after they have submitted one. Does anyone know how to turn that off?
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: Customers keep recieving review emails

Solved! Jump to solution

@Arieder after a customer leaves a pro a review, they shouldn't continue to get notifications to provide another review. We want to see what's going on and get this taken care of, however, do need a little more info. Encourage those customers to contact our customer support team so that we can get that info from them and look into things. 

0 Kudos

Inappropriate and Defamatory Review

Solved! Jump to solution

微信图片_20190703161928.jpg

QQ截图20190701183806.jpg

Inappropriate and Defamatory Review

Annette, as a photographer she ignores the policy, requested a photography Job and gave her competitors a bad review?
Thumbtack does not allow a photographer contact or get quotes from others who offer the same services. But she did.

She doesn't know the price may change even she is a "photographer " and doesn't know what is the estimate price starting at $170 mean to her. She doesn't how to use the Thumbtack. So, she gave ME a bad review. If I don't like an iPhone on Amazon, can I give a bad review to Amazon App? For Thumbtack, yes you can! I do realize Thumbtack allows customers can give us a review before they hire us. Can you tell me what 's that for? For fun? Yes, I gave Thumbtack a bad review today because I don't like your name, It's difficult to pronounce. 1 star!

微信图片_201907031704041.jpg

Because of the promotion. We are not able to see the request first and give them the correct price. We have to use that terrible promotion and fill out our price in advanced. How can you tell a fixed price by a filter? Can I judge someone by their name or appearance? She gave me a bad review because Thumbtack couldn't give her a correct price? How ridiculous?

As an affordable photographer, I offer: free, unlimited edit photos to all my customers and that already included in my rate. She was angry because of my additional free service? Thumbtack for customers is free so I will give you 1 star Smiley Happy

微信图片_20190703170404.jpg

It doesn't make sense to allow people to give you reviews before they use your service. It's the comments of the service. How can she gave the review before she uses my service? No one should give reviews because of what they offer or their price. If so, I will give Apple, Benz, and BMW 1 star review because they are too expensive.

So far I know, we pay money to Thumbtack and Thumbtack is protecting their FREE customers. That sounds like the story The Snake and the Farmer. Yes, we are the farmer.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

Re: Inappropriate and Defamatory Review

Solved! Jump to solution

@1111111111111 when you promote, you set up the prices you want the customers to see. Was the price that was given to this customer different than what you have set in your preferences? If so, we want to look into it and see what's going on!

We allow customers to review pros based on the experience they've had. If they've had any interaction with a pro whether it's through the Thumbtack messenger, email, text, or over the phone, we allow them to review the pro based in that interaction. 

Looking into this, the customer's request doesn't violate our Terms of Use. Although she states that she's a photographer, she is legitimately looking to hire a professional through Thumbtack. 

0 Kudos