results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
jambauer
Level 5

Reviews

Ok, I have to ask , I had a customer mark me as Hired, Great right ?? Well no . She never responded back to me & and I called Thumbtack about this call and they refunded me. Now this customer give me a 4 star review , saying I did great and would hire me again . Said she talked to the owner, lol which is me ,only problem is I never talked to this lady, I've never repaired anything! I'm just wondering did someone impersonate me?? Heeeelllllpppppp!!
Occupations (1)
42 responses
revbrian
Level 8

Re: Reviews

I have had one or two potential leads marked as hired when the client swears that they never did and for sure, I never got beyond putting in an initial response to them! Very odd.

DrJay
Level 6

And good luck getting you quote money back.  I have problems like this and it really discourages me.

Moderator Meckell

Hi, @jambauer have you been able to speak to our support team about this review? If not, sounds like something we'd like to look into. Go ahead and contact us and we can take a look: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/how-to-contact-us.

0 Kudos

Re: Let's talk about your profile

I have a reveiw that is complete bs that i dont deserve.the same guy tried to rehire me and i refused thats why he slammed me with bad review.
S4M
Level 1

On our side we should be able to remove fake review or unwanted reviews.
On their side when costumer is contacting a pro they should have an option more serious option than just what’s you next availability and never hear back from them.
Other than that everything is great.
4seasons
Level 4

Reviews. I'm very saddened by the fact that a person can get on and leave a review, a lie, I might also add. Us pros work hard for our status, and for one upset person to be able to do that seems unfair. Then upon calling Thumbtack, they take the side of the non-paying customer, vs the pro that pays Thumbtack $8 per quote. In my opinion, alot more than profiles need fixing.

I totally agree. All of my "legitimate" reviews have been five (5) star; however, I have two sub-par reviews (1 & 2 star) from individuals that never even hired me. The reason for the negative reviews is becuase I called attention to their bad practices (i.e., submitting mulitple job requests and never responding to any replies by online pros), and lack of common courtesy (i.e., replying to an online pro response - which resulted in being charged - and then never responding back for weeks, and then re-submitting the exact same  job request two weeks later). Again, I was never legitimately hired for any work, and yet, these individuals can submit a negative review because they did not like being called out for poor business practices. To top it off, TT never provided any support. I am continually dismayed at the lack of commitment by TT to actually police this platform as well as to actually backup any of the online pros - who actually are the ones paying the bills here. This is not only disappointing, but disgraceful.  :-(

Moderator Meckell

@VAMarketingGuy I truly am sorry to hear about your experience and I don't want you to feel like we aren't "backing you up." I want to help in any way that I can to help turn this around. Send me a private message with any concerns and I'll do everything in my power to help. 

jepcarpentry
Level 6

We have a similar situation with fake reviews, this last one is jeopardizing our Top Pro status.  I discussed it with Thumbtack Support and they advised me that I need to respond to the review in a professional manner.  Fine, but it doesn't help me keep my Top Pro status because the low star review affected my rating and was unjustified.

The customer marked us as hired without actually hiring us, only to leave a bad review.  The situation was that his wife told me they use Thumbtack to get prices so they can find out how much money they save doing the work themselves.  I took time out of my day to go there and look at the project. Obviously I wasn't going to waste any more time writing an estimate he wasn't going to use anyway, so I declined the job.  At that point, he marked us as hired and left a bad review saying we "cancelled at the last minute"  when, in truth, we never gave him a price.

Thumbtack needs to somehow verify that a hire is truly a hire.  I will gladly take the time to verify that someone hired me and I think a legitimate customer will take the time as well.