Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Quote charges

I am having the same issue. Yesterday I was charged for a generic message a customer sent "Are you available on my date". It upset me because Thumbtack didn't give me a chance to review the customer profile, event, etc before I replied. This new change is driving me nuts, maybe I don't fully understand it, but I miss sending a personable message with the initial quote, or follow up message after Instant Match quote was sent. I was very successful sending out the messages, now I have to sit back and wait, and more than likely get charged for even a generic message and not get the job.

0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Jason1979 first it will depend if you're using Promote or not. Once the customer is viewing your profile page they'll have the options to "Contact this pro", "Check availability", or "Request a call". If you have Promote on when they go through either of these 3 options it will be an immediate contact and charge. Though you've paid for the contact you'll have the option to decline the contact and we'll inform the customer that you're unavailable. When you decline you'll possibly be directed to adjusting your preferences or sending us feedback. 

In regards to the "Check availability" option, if the customer is requesting something outside of your availability, it will notify you and allow you to choose to reply or not and show the cost to reply. If it matches your availability you'll be charged and contacted right then. (Again this is with Promote on).

If you're not using Promote you'll always be shown the cost and be able to choose to accept the contact. You can learn more about the new Search Results experience and how Promote works HERE.

0 Kudos
Zman118
Level 5

Not if they call you on the phone as it constitutes a instant 2 way chargeable communication in TT eyes, even tho you have no way of determining if this gig is workable fir you.
0 Kudos
Jason1979
Level 5

I’m not sure that the new system will go over very well.For the Pro’s anyways.
gloriaj0
Level 5

"Interested customer" process

Received an interested customer request from SZ for the first time.  Very thin on information.  No cost to respond quoted.  No description of the job they needed.  I found SZ original request for a pro.  The job is too small for what we do so I ignored SZ.  I received follow up communications about answering SZ.  I cannot be polite in answering thanks but no thanks because I don't know if, and how much I will be charged to answer.  Then I received my weekly insights which states I have one interested party, with SZ's full name, and I sent no quotes.  I look up SZ in our regions tax records.  SZ does not own property in the municipality/zipcode or anywhere in our town.  So I suspect SZ does not exist.  Why would you remodel a bathroom if you don't own property?

Can you explain the policies and costs on answering these requests from a customer?  Also,  I was enticed into joining this board with a promise I might win $250 in credits.  I offered two bonafide, positive suggestions which were marked solved.  I have still never been told who won.

Moderator Kameron

Re: "Interested customer" process

@gloriaj0 I took a look into these things for you and here's what I found. Your account is set to work where customers will create jobs that will then come into your jobs feed. You can see what the cost will be for their response under the customer's name on the "learn more" link, and can then choose to quote and if they respond you'll be charged. However, this customer (SZ) found you through the Search Results page and it will be a little different for you in those instances. 

Since they found you through the Search Results page and you're not using Promote, you can choose to reply and accept the charges or decline the contact. If you click on the reply button you'll then be shown the cost to respond and can choose to accept. If the job doesn't seem to be a good fit then you can hit decline and we'll kindly let the customer know that you're not available. As for whether they own the property or not that is harder for me to say and there could be a number of reasons for this. These could include working on the project with a family member who owns the property or they have permission from the landlord to make some improvements. 

I'm thrilled that you took the time to share some of your thoughts with us in our recent QA's. The winner of each raffle would have been announced along with some responses from our product managers in either of our QA wrap-ups HERE and HERE.

0 Kudos
Shellyrae1
Level 5

I absolutely hate this new system. I have had several potential clients contact me with "What's your estimate?" With the previous system, I could send a quote without being charged. Now, the minute I reply with a quote, I have to pay. I've done three so far - none of which turned into a gig - and turned down a few others because I don't have enough information and don't want to waste the money on a gig that I may not be a good fit for. I feel like a jerk declining a job and not being able to give the person a reason. Also, I list some basic pricing in my profile and on my website. Of course, no one ever looks at this first. I feel like I will be losing work and TT will be losing a lot of money (they are definitely going to get less of mine) with this new system. Please change it or I will be taking my work elsewhere.
Angela
Level 6

@Shellyrae1  I so agree with you! I have even tried calling TT about this, but haven't been able to get through. It feels awful not responding to a potential customer reaching out, but with little info to go on, and the fact that I'm charged whether they bother to answer me or not, I just can't afford to respond to them! I would like to see TT change this system to something that is far better for both the Pro and the potential customer. I've also noticed that since they started this system, I get a 1/4 or less job leads on the app, and when one does come through, it disappears within minutes much of the time. I'm losing all the way around, and so is the customer. TT, please step up and give us a real chance to grow our businesses, and give the customer a great Pro in the process!

Cat
Level 5

Re: Soon Customers can find you right away

I totally agree instant match does not work for me not getting as many quality leads thus using thums less old system much better

Re: Soon Customers can find you right away

So where have all the customers gone??  I know they're still out there, as I still get inquiries from other sources.   I went from 4-5 leads a day, to 4-5 leads A WEEK !!  All while improving my reviews, picking up more clients, ranking higher, etc; everything TT says to do,  these people just didn't dissappear??

I understand the new promote system steers clients towards pros who have promote activated, however, does this also make the clients invisible to the ones who do not have promote on??   Inquiring minds want to know.