Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Marioninyc
Level 5

Re: Soon Customers can find you right away

This roll out was very unclear. I didn't know when I signed up that "promo" meant I was paying for poor quality leads that led nowhere. I only learned this from reading the forum. Then I had to go to chat to turn i off.  

Meantime, I no longer see ANYTHING listed in my major category "ESL". 

I'm almost panic stricken as I relied on Thumbtack for a good portion of my business. 

If I had to I would pay more for good leads -- if I had no choice. But I can't pay for useless leads.

MR
Level 10

Plain and simple - there should be NO CHARGE to Pro until the potential client shows an active interest in the Pro. Being charged just because the Pro showed up somewhere in a search result but the client does nothing unless you modify the pricing structure to more of a subscription based service where we pay to be presented in Thumbtack.

jreedgoss
Level 5

The way I read the FAQ posted, we pay only if we contact them, not them contacting us.

0 Kudos
Denise
Level 8

@jreedgoss If they contact us, we pay. It doesn't matter if they ask us a silly question like "Are you available?" and then never respond to our follwup messages. We will still be charged.

jreedgoss
Level 5

Right.  Happens all the time.  Most of these cistomer-initated contats are shotgun approaches.  We pay; they disappear.

0 Kudos
Zman118
Level 5

If the customer contacts you by text, you have the chance to see if this customer is right for you since you can check the information before you contact him/her back (then get charged by TT), BUT if the customer call you by phone you will get charged by TT as soon as you say "hello" because it suddenly is a 2 way conversation giving you no option determine if this customer is right for you.

This is the way I see it right now.

Another way for TT to automatically squeeze more money from the Pros.
0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

I've been getting charged when a customer even says the generic "Are you available on my date"

AllSignature
Level 5

So Confusing..

This new system is very complicated... I can understand that it was changed, in part, for the customers benefit (according to TT) so that customers are not inundated with replys.. however, there must be a way for it to be beneficial for both the customer AND the Pro. Wouldn't it work just as well if the system was instead changed to implement various checks and balances to track when a Pro was hired? Once a Pro is selected, all other communications are stopped.
Until the customer makes a decision, why not let every Pro toss their hat in the ring and give it their best shot?! The Pros that aren't really serious will naturally weed themselves out.
Also, If this change is to stay.. I Definitely do not feel that Pros should be charged when contacted ONCE by a customer with "When are you available?".. when I go into Competition Insights, it is quite frustrating to see that 9-10 Pros have been contacted with what I can only presume to be the same question.
I've checked on some of these customer question 'one hit wonders' weeks later and often notice that no Pro was ever hired. It's hard to not think for just a moment that TT creates a few 'mystery customer requests'.. sorry, but it just looks that way..
I get the fact that TT needs to make $$.. so do the Pros.
I vote for bringing the old system back.. charge the Pro a $20 monthly subscription fee if you must, but TT's decision on this will hurt them in the long run. To my knowledge, customers don't pay anything to use the service.. is that correct?? Only the Pros pay right?
If that's the case... if TT makes their $$ by the Pros paying for leads and Not the customers looking for Pros... DOESN'T THAT ACTUALLY MAKE THE PROS, BY PAYING FOR THE LEADS, THUMBTACKS CUSTOMERS????
Another question is this.. if Promoted is turned on.. the cost of the lead is discounted 20%??!!! I'm sorry but that just couldn't be possible.. I would Really like to understand what factors go into determining what drives the value of each individual lead.. there doesn't seem to be any consistent formula with the exception of the cost of the first lead of a new week is always astronomically high.. regardless of what my budget is set at, I'm always more than halfway to my budget with the first lead.. then strangely the cost of the next one is lower (even if the project is larger).. amazingly, even though it clearly states in Services.. under Budget, that i won't be charged more than the budget i set.. the system showed that I was $2 over budget... hmm... how could that be?? And this is all with the 'so called 20% discount' applied..??
Jesse
All Signature Services
0 Kudos
Cat
Level 5

Leave it the way it is Don't make it more complicated Everytime you change this program I feel quality leads are fading already trying new. Company because I don't feel I get enough from tt
Moderator Meckell

@PhotobyLuigi Yes, pros who promote their services will show up higher in search results, pay automatically, and receive a 20% discount for all leads within their specified preferences. You're paying less per contact when you are promoting your service which isn't necessarily more spending for you. Customers have the option to look through multiple profiles and if they choose to contact you, there's a good chance they're ready to move forward. We don't believe these are lower quality leads. This change is something that we're excited for as it gives you more of an opportunity to be shown to customers looking for your service.

Let me know if you have any further questions or concerns about this, I'm always happy to help.