Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
fitcap
Level 7

Re: Soon Customers can find you right away

YOU SAID...."This change is something that we're excited for as it gives you more of an opportunity to be shown to customers looking for your service."

ONLY IF WE USE THE SILLY INSTANT MATCH!!! 

THUMBTACK IS PUSHING MIGHTY HARD TO FORCE, YES FORCE PROS TO USE SILLY  INSTANT MATCH.

Moderator Kameron

@fitcap rather than an attempt to force pros to use Promote, the new system is laid out with connecting readily available customers and pros in mind. Pros using Promote will show higher on the list since they’re more readily available for customers to contact. If a customer comes in and messages a pro using Promote it’s automatically accepted and a conversation can start right away. When a customer messages a pro who is not using those features they must wait for the pro to accept or decline the conversation.

0 Kudos
fitcap
Level 7

WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN PROMOTE , INSTANT MATCH AND THE REGULAR WAY ?????
Moderator Kameron

@fitcap once the new Search Results experience is available there will only be Promote ON or Promote OFF. With it off you'll see some jobs in your jobs feed to quote on as you have been, and customers reaching out to you through their search feed as well. The phrasing of Instant Match will no longer be around. You can also check out this article  https://help.thumbtack.com/article/promoted-services and let me know if you have further questions. 

0 Kudos
fitcap
Level 7

PROMOTE IS LIKE INSTANT MATCH BUT MORE CONVOLUTED...SO MANY LAYERS....

"When you promote a service, we’ll boost your spot in search results for the jobs you like best — for free. It’s not a guarantee you’ll appear at the top of the list (since a lot of factors go into rank), but you’ll have a better chance of getting in front of the customers you’re looking for."

What determines rank (HIGHLY UNFARE ... THIS RANKING SYSTEM/ BUSINESS IS WHETHER A PRO AGREES TO THE NEW PROMOTE PART WHICH IS JUST A MORE CONFUSING,CONVOLUTED TYPE OF INSTANT MATCH. THUMBTACK IS STILL RANKING,JUDGING, MANIPULATING US WITH $$$MONEY$$$ YOU ARE SAYING PROS HAVE A BETTER CHANCE OF COMING ACROSS BUSINESS IF PROS USE PROMOTE RIGHT? EVEN THOUGH I AM FULLLY QUALIFIED IN ALL BUT #2... I AM NOT "HIGHLY RANKED"

YOU ARE SO VERY CLOSE TO LOSING ME AFTER THE MANY YEARS OF WORKING WITH THUMBTACK

1. Profile
  2. Promote your services
  3. Pricing
  4. Responsiveness
  5. Reviews

The secret to appearing higher in results is delivering the best customer experience and making sure you’re a good match for customers. You can do that by focusing on these five things:

(BUT IF #2 IS MISSING ..THEN #1,#3,#4,+ #5 ARE NOT ANY HELP FOR A PRO TO PICK UP BUSINESS!!! 

1. Profile
  2. Promote your services
  3. Pricing
  4. Responsiveness
  5. Reviews 

THE BELOW CHART PROVES THUMBTACK IS UNFARELY RANKING HARD WORKING SMALL BUSINESS PROS BY WHETHER OR NOT THE PRO IS ACCEPTING OR NOT ACCEPTING TO USE THE NEW PROMOTE

Promote ON Promote OFF

Appear in search results with a rank boost for freeAppear in search results for free
Get contacted by more customersGet contacted by fewer customers (YOU ARE SAYING WITH OUT PROMOTE LESS ABILITY TO MAKE $$$)
Pay automatically, whether you reply or not ( REALLY???? )Pay only if you reply
Get 20% off those leads (AND THIS SHOULD MAKE PROS FEEL BETTER ABOUT PAYING WHETHER WE REPLY/REACH OUT TO A LEAD????Pay full price every time
Denise
Level 8

@fitcap Thank you for taking the time to expound on the flaws of this new hair brained scheme. This is just PRO ASSIST all over again. 

And when I complain about being charged exorbitant amounts for silly questions, TT reps simply say they would be frustrated too. That's not good enough! Stop charging me for clients asking me to lower my price. The answer will always be NO! You want 5 star service? I am not competing with newbies and low-ballers after all these years. Thumbtack creates situations that we pros hate and the best they can do is have reps tell us that we have a right to be frustrated. 

There is no way for TTs new system to work for Pros who don't like having their hands tied behind their backs. They are clearly saying that we will be punished for not buying into this new unfair and nonsensical system. I should be willing to accept a charge up to $46 for someone to ask me if I have a website? Or if I can do the job for cheaper? Please moderator @Kameron, tell me if I am being unreasonable. 

AllSignature
Level 5

@fitcap
Yes!
Just this week...
I showed up in a customers search.
I was sent an instant notification from TT that i showed up in that search.
Although the customer Did Not reach out to me from that search, I was able to view the job details from the notification.
I was not able to contact the customer as it read "waiting for customer to reply".
I have Instant Match turned On and a weekly budget set.
Although I was never contacted by the customer, I was charged over $28 (that's with the 20% discount already applied!?).
I reported and questioned being charged but was told that no $ credit back would apply because the customer matched my geographical location preferences.

In short, I paid over $28 because I showed up in a radius search. I was not contacted and I wasn't given the opportunity to engage this customer in any way.
To top it off, TT sent a notification to let me know I had reached my Budget limit.
Since this change in TT's process, I've never spent more or received so few leads. I'm literally paying more for less.
6 months ago, as an example, I would receive approximately 6-8 leads per week and win about 4-5 /week of those jobs.
Now, although paying the same (even increasing just a little $), I have received approximately 1-2 leads/week (that I'm actually not blocked from contacting) and have literally gotten 1 job (?!) in the past 2 1/2 weeks.
What in the world is going on? Seriously, am i doing something wrong???
Any words of wisdom would be Greatly valued!!
Jesse
All Signature Services
0 Kudos
StevenCee
Level 6

Now you made this more, not less confusing. What does "accepting the conversation" entail?  The email message said we would be contacted, after the customer, in browsing their options, decides to reach out to those they feel might be a good match for their event. And that we would only be charged if we respond.  Thus, my confusion about what "accepting the conversation" means. If someone reaches out, and we can see it's not something we want to do, or in our wheelhouse, will be charged simply for telling them that?

I think it would be rude to just ignore their request. Or will there be form, where we would select "Not able to", and give us the option to select why, such as "already booked on that date", or "not what we do", or "too far", etc.?

It sounds on it's face to be a good move, I'd rather receive requests from people who've already an idea of who we are and what we do, than blind requests. I know if I were looking for a band, I'd definitely want to peruse the listings of those available, and choose ones I like, than field bids from all kinds of groups I know I'd not be interested in...

Angela
Level 6

@KameronPlease don't insult our intelligence by making this out to be something to our advantage; this is all about TT making money. We are all available to work, the difference here is that not all of us want to hand TT our credit cards and say go ahead charge what you like! We have our own businesses because we like to be in charge of our working lives. How is handing TT the key to our door helping us in any way? 

Denise
Level 8

@Angela At the prices we are being charged, TT should just resolve itself to taking a percentage/fee for gigs that we are actually HIRED for. This way they have some skin in the game too and it would be in their best interest to help us find better leads. 

I have complained over and over that there is missing information in many of requests I receive. It is not a quality lead if I don't even know if the client expects me to provide services to 8 guests or 800 guests. The client is not asked this question in the form. Now they want to make it even more difficult and expensive for us to use their platform without fixing what is broken first. 

You're right, it is really an insult to our intelligence. Also, why can't they spring for automatic some spell check on this forum? Even a Middle School student would not build a forum without including spell check. What's so hard about that? Yet, they want us to have 5 star reviews to represent TT the best way. What about building a functional Forum where we can easily locate the conversations and have spell check?