Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
M_a_r_k
Level 5

Re: 15 vendors

I think reverting back might be good too! I've noticed that it seems the hiring has dropped, as well. I understand we are competing with the Instant Match quotes, as well. But there has been several times when I put in a quote, and it says, No Pros Contacted. I think I'm putting in the first quote, and all of a sudden, I'm ranked * Slowest * in responsiveness compared to the 5,6,7. ..And growing list of pros quoting. And it does seem the client stops viewing after a while. If you were to see my follow~ups, it seems like I'm the only one in the conversation. This has been the case several times.
4SeasonsPest
Level 5

I agree fully. This is one of many reasons I'm looking for a new option to put my money into right now. Thumbtack has gone from my best ROI tool I had to my worst in under a year. Very unhappy with them and all the 'improvements' Smiley Sad

Highlighted
GT456
Level 6

Quote: "Thumbtack has gone from my best ROI tool I had to my worst in under a year."

That is my EXACT experience, as well!

mbidstudio
Level 6

There is no benefit in "more is better". It makes TT look like they are not taking the time to consider the customers needs and just loading the screen with companies that are not well sutied. I amazingly got a job last month only becasue I was not part of instant match and I guess my quote came in as a special delivery Smiley Happy. Anyway, my client said most of the 15 pros that were spit out were not in the business of interior design. I saved TT on this one as the client was pretty reluctant to use TT in the furutre.  They should thank me for saving this one.

I've had people tell me that they got so many responses (vendor quotes) that they just randomly picked one.  This has happened multiple times and in two cases, they expressed regret because I was probably a better fit their project.  

I can see an argument that in some cases five quotes aren't enough.  But 15 is absurd.  Studies have found that while people like the idea of lots of choices, the actuality is overwhelming and causes less happiness.  Maybe trying seven or eight and seeing how that goes would better serve both clients and pros.

Too many choices - a problem that can paralyze
The psychology of choice
Why having too many choices is making you unhappy

Shareen Mann
Freelance writer and editor with The Write Mann, LLC

Yes I agree with this and am also very unhappy with not knowning how much it will cost me for each job if I am contacted. I have been with Thumbtack since at least 2015 and they keep changing things often the changes are not good. I rarely had trouble bidding in time to make the top 5 when I wanted to in Photography. I am a Top Pro and still seem to be getting less hires since the change.

TT does that because NOW the MORE Pros that are contacted by the potential client, the MORE money goes into TT pockets. I looked at a quote where 7 Pros were contacted... I'v seen even more on other quotes. I'm wondering if the client is ENCOURAGED by TT to contact AS  MANY PROS AS POSSIBLE, AS THIS SENDS MORE MONEY TO TT. If that is true, then shame on TT for exploiting Pros who GOT them WHERE they are today. And adding MANY more allowed quotes, one had 23????, makes it harder for the Pros to quote.

Shame.

Leigh Clifton

TT does that because NOW the MORE Pros that are contacted by the potential client, the MORE money goes into TT pockets. I looked at a quote where 7 Pros were contacted... I'v seen even more on other quotes. I'm wondering if the client is ENCOURAGED by TT to contact AS  MANY PROS AS POSSIBLE, AS THIS SENDS MORE MONEY TO TT. If that is true, then shame on TT for exploiting Pros who GOT them WHERE they are today. And adding MANY more allowed quotes, one had 23????, makes it harder for the Pros to quote.

Oh and by the way, whenever I try to POST, I get an error message.. same with the email... interesting, huh???

Shame.

Leigh Clifton

0 Kudos
Caliberpw
Level 5

As we are not able to view how much it would cost for a specific contact, I offered a bid and yes there were 15 bids. As a result I was contacted just to tell me that my bid was being considered as part of a pool of other vendors, there were at least 6 other vendors contacted (wow $250 into Thumbtacks pocket just like that) and I'm guesiing with the same message, that bid cost me $25 ridculas I would have never bid has I knoen that it was going to cost me $25. Thumbtack shoul be ashamed of themselves. I offered recently on the FB thumbtack page that if we quit bidding they would have to change this new method however another vendor quickly replied that if vendors quit bidding it would inprove his chances at getting hired. Sad because if we don't presnt unified front this will not change!

mbidstudio
Level 6

Re: Stop letting so many Pros bid on a job!!

I am not an instant quoter as it does not allow me to give a personal message. Right off the bat I am behind the eight ball as my response comes in after the 15 plus instant matches get populated and imediatly sent to the customer. Now I have been with Thumbtack since the beginning that being said it is almost impossible to get a job now. I decided to quote on almost every request, 4-6 a week. Most do not open the quote and the few that do, do not go beyond that. What is interesting is TT is not making nearly as much money on me as they did back in the day. So, just curious how they are making up the difference?