Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
GT456
Level 6

Stop letting so many Pros bid on a job!!

I have been with TT for a couple of years now; when I joined, TT only allowed FIVE pros to bid on a job.  Now, there can be upwards of 15 or 20 Pros!!  That's ridiculous.  It's overwhelming for the consumer, and a waste of money for the Pros.  Since they have changed to this system, I haven't gotten hired ONCE.  Not once.  I left TT for awhile, and recently came back to see if Thumbtack had gotten their heads out of the sand and started listening to us Pros; apparently not.

Who's in charge at Thumbtack, and why aren't you listening??

Occupations (1)
21 responses
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Stop letting so many Pros bid on a job!!

@GT456  Your sentiment is valid. As far as I know, the maximum number of quotes is 15. This includes 10 Instant Match quotes if your category is set to use them, and 5 Custom Quotes. If you are using Custom Quotes while 10 other competitors of yours are allowing TT to submit Instant Match Quotes for them, they get their quotes sent instantly while yours are submited as soon as you can get to it. Check the "Timeline" in the insight for your sent quotes and see if they are viewing and then contacting the Pros such as you and others. They may just be Lookie Lous or price shopping?  And look at where your pricing is compared to the others.

When you returned to TT, I assume that you still have all of your Reviews and a recond of all the hires you had in the past? If you started over from scratch all your reviews will have to be re-earned with new customers. That will be a tough job when customers are either not reading your quotes, or not contacting you, and obviously not hiring you.

In the insight for the Requests that you quoted recently, was any Pro marked hired? How many were viewed? How many were contacted?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
DCFGCatering
Level 8

10 instamatch quotes go out and mine comes in 2 mins after and is never looked at by the client.

As a caterer a lot of the instamatches are local brick and mortar restaurants who recently signed up to cater wings and burgers in plastics boxes.

We haven’t been hired for over a month.

Had someone at TT tell me my intro paragraph needs work.
LMAO.

I own a catering company now but I used to work in the intel world.
All of these changes have been an insult to my intelligence and common sense. None of these changes benefit anyone but thumbtack.
GT456
Level 6

I agree completely!

Caliberpw
Level 5

15 vendors

Since Thumbtack started allowing 15 vendors to bid on jobs, my hire rate has dropped dramatically and it seems on most bids that nobody gets hired. Allowing 15 bids is pushing the rates to very low to remain competitive and only benefits Thumbtack and to a lesser degree the client. Thumbtack needs to revert back to a max of 5 vendors allowed to bid on a job.

Re: 15 vendors

I totally agree! And when I do speak with customers they say that it is overwhelming and they only look at the first few anyway. 

Moderator Meckell

@Caliberpw@klflovesphotos You both bring up some valid points. We made this change based off of feedback we received from both pros and customers. Pros told us they wanted more opportunities to get their name out and customers wanted more options when hiring a pro. Changes don't always work for everyone so I'll be sure to send in your guys' feedback. Thanks for sharing your thoughts! 

Caliberpw
Level 5

Since the change as a photo booth co, I see almost no one getting hired from the bids. I believe that either the requests are fake or the the clients are overwhelmed. It would seem logical to do a test period to determine if the process offered improvement which the only beneficiaries at this point is Thumbtack!

Valid points matter. Pros are now telling you they hate the changes (few hires, higher costs, poor ROI), but I assume these changes are permenant since they are bringing in far higher profits for Thumbtack. You are pricing out and chasing away the very people who have facilitated Thumbtack's success.

Moderator Meckell

@wsimpsonphoto we're always changing and thinking of ways to improve our platform for both customer and pros, so with that, not every change we make is permanent. Right now, we're really focusing on our pricing structure, specifically the cost. We want to make sure we're charging the right prices and would love your suggestions. What do you think is a fair price for your category in your area? What other feedback do you have for us? Send any thoughts directly to our Product Team here

0 Kudos