results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
Thumbtack Employee LydiaH
Thumbtack Employee

Thanks for participating in the Q+A about promoting your business!

Thank you to all the pros who participated in our Q&A this week about promoting your business! We want to make sure promoting your business will work for you, so we appreciate hearing your questions and feedback. Product changes take time, but we're always trying to improve. See below for a quick introduction from @CourtneyF where she answers some common pro concerns about promoting your business. Thanks again for sharing your questions and feedback! Stay tuned in the Community for more of the latest product information and more Q&As with our team.

13 responses
Highlighted
Pintodog
Level 5

Re: Thanks for participating in the Q+A about promoting your business!

I do not want to use promote until THUMBTACK allows me to use my template to respond to potential customers. I don't have time to write my very effective sales pitch by hand each time. I am driving! Also how about a follow up template? Why don't THUMBTACK allow the template response!
Moderator Kameron

@Pintodog once a customer contacts you or responds to your quote you'll now have the option to use saved replies in the messenger. You can learn more about it in our post HERE. Hoping this is useful to you!

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@Kameron I am hearing on another thread that once the customer has reached out to us and we respond  with our price and offering, the customer is then offered more pro choices by TT. Is this true???

Moderator Kameron

@MR correct, once a customer has reached out to a pro directly we can't be sure that pro will respond so the job will also be sent to the Jobs tab so other pros can express interest as well. After a few of those pros have quoted we'll present the customer with the options. 

0 Kudos
MR
Level 10

@Kameron Is there at least a time delay of say, 2 hours before this happens.  By setting our profiles with Promote ON we should be getting preferred status - and in this case TT is diluting our Promote status - and confusing the customer into something like "I just picked 3 pros who I think are the best and now TT second guesses me and throws me more pros.. why does TT seem to not agree with the choices I made?  I must have made bad choices... I will go elsewhere and find my contractor." and the customer goes to another site and this is why we are seeing so many ghost leads.   

This is extremely dissapointing.

MR
Level 10

I urge you to turn that function off for a while and I am confident you will see pro satisfaction levels rise quickly.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@MR It gets sent to the Jobs tab instantly. From there, it depends on how quickly and if other pros quote on that job. One thing to keep in mind is that if a customer is reaching out to you, you are getting that preferred status as they're already interested in working with you. That's why it's important to respond quickly and get connecting with the customer. Thanks for your feedback on this! 

0 Kudos
Pintodog
Level 5

If I have promote paused can I still use save replies? I can't figure out how to use it. The templates were easy. Thumbtack is becoming an inconvenience with constant changes that are not user friendly for us not so tech pros! I waste to much time chatting with customer service getting incomplete answers. Why not have a button save reply or go back to templates!
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@Pintodog even if you aren't promoting your business, you are still able to utilize the saved replies feature. Be sure to check out this post here with more info on that update and let us know if you have any further questions about it. 
Upon that, if you're not fully understanding any of our recent updates, I want to make sure we get you clarification. Send me a private message with any questions and I'll be happy to help. 

0 Kudos