Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
DJStevie
Level 12

Re: Feedback on new Promote Feature

Solved! Jump to solution

@Meckell

See, this is why I won't turn Promote back on. I thought about it, but I do NOT want to be charged $60 for a lead. Not even $45 with some of the leads that have come my way. If I leave Promote on, I am at the mercy of being charged for numerous generic replies. As @AutumnElectric even stated about picking and choosing who his clients are going to be, as well as Pros constantly being charged for generic replies. I want to be able to see how much I'm going to be charged, and check out customer profile. He wasn't even tagged in your previous comment as were @Hankster@PastorHowardand myself. It's not just 3 Pros who are angry, upset and frustrated with the new system.  Check it out. @Hankster is correct, that there are more angry Pros than any rep is admitting to. For every 1 who likes the new system, there are at least 20 or more who don't. Simple math, figure it out, the majority hate the new system

I don't know if I am speaking for @Hankster@DJChuckBoogie and other DJ pros, but if a customer sends generic replies to me and my fellow DJ's, we all get charged. After looking at customer profile, we may decide that the customer isn't a fit for us. But Thumbtack deems the customer as very interested, even though customer may just be phishing. That's why I gave the suggestions that I did to you previously, in yesterday's message and even here now.

I gave you some ways to try and make the new system work, but don't know if any of it will come to pass. I'm tired of being pacified, (coddled as Hankster said). At my age and 29 years in the business, I don't need to be pacified. You asked for suggestions and we have been giving it to you, @Kameron@JasonB@DustiO@LydiaH@cjk and many others, even via phone with other reps. We get told the same thing daily that it's being heard, passed on to the proper team, etc. but is it really? We've been in our businesses for a very long time, longer than Thumbtack has been in business, so we know what our customers are looking for. @Hankster isn't the only one who asks his customer what they thought of Thumbtack. I ask customers too, and even though some have said they receive numerous requests/bids, but with this new system they get much more, too many. I told them to contact Thumbtack themselves.

Please understand where we are coming from. Something that has been successful for many of us, has suddenly been a failure for us in recent months. We know that changes are a part of life, but to implement a system without asking your Pros who are your customer, paying customer in that, Thumbtack isn't headed in the right direction. We have given many ways to try and improve this new system/format, but until it changes, or we see them implemented, we will continue to say that nobody is listening to us.

Solved! Jump to solution

Today's example:  I received an instant match from a prospective client; his generic message "how much is your estimate?"  I read the description of work, he needs someone at his COMMERCIAL property TOMORROW.  I declined the quote.

1.  I do this part time, on my schedule, not a clients.

2. I don't work on commercial properties, residential only. I have commercial work unchecked, I shouldn't even be listed as an electrician for that. If I had the Promote on, I would have been charged $20, for something I WOULD NEVER have bid on.

fitcap
Level 7

Solved! Jump to solution

WELL SAID!!!

Highlighted
Johnjr
Level 6

Re: Thanks for participating in the Search Results Q&A!

Solved! Jump to solution
But the thing is with promote when you have it on you can narrow your jobs down to a couple specific things and you can have a $100 budget shot in a couple hours with all the leads that I'll come that you know aren't even close to what you specify or they are you just get bombarded with a bunch of leads you have to pay for?
Plumber1
Level 1

Promote service

Solved! Jump to solution
Added heating and prime was automatically added, As Minneapolis and St Paul has warm air and water licenses it would be illegal for me to promote in those two cities. Before I could turn off promote I was charged twice 38.50 for two leads from these two cities. If these leads would of been anywhere else in Minnesota it would be great. But getting set back that much as a small 1 man honest shop without me contacting them back made me feel that I was ripped off.
Notinsured
Level 7

The Newest Pricing System: Less Control, Fewer Customer

Solved! Jump to solution
I find it very challenging that I now have lost complete control over who I see and the business that comes my way. According to TT, since I a TT Pro and have Instant replies turned on, I am higher on the “list to be seen”, therefore should be getting seen more. That’s great, and according to my stats, I was viewed 843 this month, up by 219 from last month. However my leads are down by 1 to 17, and of course my savings are down by only $23.
However, I could at least see the leads and fight for them. I could send them messages or see what exactly was happening with my competition. When I spoke to a TT via text last night (7+ hr response time) to say I have been getting no jobs to bid on since November 15, and maybe 7 inquiries (again 5/7 just checking, just wondering, non-committal and one completely out of what I do zone), ink to be told what I stated above and she would, like everything else, “pass the information along because it’s so valuable in shaping what we do here at TT.” You have effectively made TT useless to me is what you’ve done. None of the filters for customers ever have anything on them now, I can’t bid, I get no quotes, no pending jobs...so I feel as though I am being punished and powerless. I’ve lost track of the number of times TT have overhauled the way they do things in 16 months. You have effectively cut me off at the knees and crippled me financially at a crucial time of year over the last 3 weeks. I was strongly advised to NOT turn off instant match as I will see fewer matches. At 17/843, you’re not helping me at all. You’re pushing me out.

Re: The Newest Pricing System: Less Control, Fewer Customer

Solved! Jump to solution
Thsnk you for csndidly sharing your Pro experience. I have been watching TT and considering signing up for Pro. Sounds like I would be better off investing my time and bidding on jobs manually, rather than giving up control to TT and let them charge me for bogos and worthless leadsthat they pick for me.
I have personally hired people off of TT and it was a good experience as a consumer.
Thsnk you again for you insight.
0 Kudos
GT456
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Lydia, stop deleting replies from unhappy Pros!! No one is using foul language, we're just expressing our displeasure with your new system! Deleting replies isn't going to change that, it only makes us more frustrated, and we trust Thumbtack less and less.

Do you know WHY so many Pros are unhappy and panicking? Because many of them used to use TT as their primary lead source. When you change something so that it LITERALLY becomes unusable for your customers, (that would be us, the Pros) people are bound to get upset.

Thumbtack appears to be digging in its heels and standing by this disastrous decision. But successful companies do the opposite. They acknowledge when a new product or venture is unsuccessful, they stop, they change course, and redirect to a better product. IMHO, Promote is worse than New Coke. (Ok, maybe not worse, but at least Coca Cola was smart enough to bring back Coke Classic after the outcry!!)
Moderator Kameron

Solved! Jump to solution

@GT456 we want to hear from pros and hear what they have to say. Even when their comments express that they've been experiencing some frustrations with the changes. However, those concerns and frustrations need to be shared in a constructive manner. Any posts that violate our Community Guidelines will be up for removal or edits.

0 Kudos
GT456
Level 6

Solved! Jump to solution
Kameron, these comments HAVE been shared in a constructive manner. I know this because I receive emails with the replies from Pros, and I read them in my email inbox. But then when I click on the link to see the conversation within TT, those replies have already been deleted. Thumbtack is trying to control the narrative and make us think that there are only a few Pros who are upset. This is deceitful, and it's not helping.

The only reason I'm still here is that I'm hoping Thumbtack will realize that their new system is a disaster, and change course. Right now, it's not viable for me because the cost per quote is insane, AND many of the leads are sub-par. Thankfully, I have other lead sources, and that's where my money is going.