Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
Moderator Kameron

Re: Promoted and leads

Solved! Jump to solution

@ashglassml sorry to hear that you're noticing fewer contacts than before. Now that customers will be choosing to contact you from a list you'll want to do as much as you can to stand out. You've got some very great reviews already, you'll just want to work on gathering more to stand out in the market which averages on 13 reviews. The other thing that will help with where you show up in results is your response rate and time. You can learn more about how this is calculated and improving it HERE.

0 Kudos
Winderson
Level 4

About new ways of service

Solved! Jump to solution
I would like to know how this new system will work, we will be in the research bank according to the locality and need of each client, for example "There are clients who are looking for a specific service with insurance and license, others who are looking for a common cleaning. for us a tool so that we can express each of our works that we have more experience. And if there will be a monitoring of those clients who ask a single question and do not manifest themselves anymore.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: About new ways of service

Solved! Jump to solution

I'm glad you reached out @Winderson. We did a Q&A about our new search results that goes over how it works and what to expect. You can check that out here! If you have any further questions, feel free to send me a private message. 

0 Kudos
shwickens
Level 4

Re: Let’s talk about how you rank in search results

Solved! Jump to solution

I know that it's impossible to prevent people from posting jobs just to see what's out there and gauging price.
But if potential customers provided a budget range, it would be useful in booking jobs. 

Also... I would sometimes quote lower if I knew I was available and if the job was close.

Maybe if there was a way to communicate to the customer that the price we are quoting is lower than our usual quote? So they see they are getting a bargain.

Bosco
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Serach results are good, but my concern is if a customer get's in touch with my business and I know nothing of the customer nor the job, would I be charged for the quote. Also would it be possibe for us pros to come up with general questions we would asked the client to learn more about the job. This way when the client contact the professional we can asked questions and know more about the job.

I guess if I was a customer and I needed a videographer to do a wedding and I was found in a search result, and I was contact and know nothing about the job. I understand they could see my profile,but as a professional we need more info from the client to provide good service.

Charles Banks

Jamesy00
Level 3

Solved! Jump to solution
I honestly do not like the new search results. Customers are not being selective. For, the most part, a prospective customer asks to receive a quote from everyone on the list, and then they look 4 they look at prices. Last week, I received a message from a customer, my prices are clearly outlined in my profile. After, we talked on the phone, he said I was too expensive. However, I didn’t raise my prices, from what is listed. I assumed he read my profile, since he said he was interested. It doesn’t seem fair to be charged for this. I can understand, if he didn’t choose me, for another reason, but it was based on price. The same thing happened 2x .
0 Kudos
Metrote
Level 5

Solved! Jump to solution

Scott

Good afternoon, heres my concern about how you are doing it.  Again, Thumbtack has made a decision to remove a mandatory budget from prosepective clients.  For me to sign on and get ranked, this is very similar to the problems that I had with instant match. Even though I would list that I would not and could not take jobs under a certain amount.  People were not reading and just clicking. I blew thru $800 before opting out.

I just talked with customer service and they say this is new, but you have not dealt with the budget issue. How  can I  sign up for something when I dont know what  people want to spend.  In our business EVERY job is different. We should and need to have the right to turn down jobs that are under a threshold if they dont work for us financially.  

Even in the regular thumbtack days, I was turning down 85% of the jobs because they didnt work financially.  But the 15% were worth going for.  Just because you are giving us a discount doesnt mean anything when the potential clients dont read the profiles and just click.

The market I am in  (Washington DC) and the business video production and streaming is one of the most competitive markets in the country.  If I am not in this seach then I have to reply manually and based on 5 years of doing this, I have 1 minute to make  a decision if I want to bid.

We all want Thumbtack to be profitable, but they continue to lose their way. This is just another way to gouge the vendors who dont know the quality of the leads

The simple way to fix this is to give every vendor a price threshold that they will consider jobs. This way if I am charged its at least for a client who is willing to spend the amont that I need.

I expect this to fall on deaf ears.  You dont seem to be talking with the people in the field. The customer service tries real hard but they have no access to the developers. The videography team leader is MIA and should be replaced.

There is a lot of  competition on the lead service area.  In my field you compete with Production Hub, Bark, Linked in pro finder

all of whom are doing a much better job that Thumbtack.  They all have their issues, but with Thumbtack I want to stay in the game but  its now basically an afterthought

Best  Dave

0 Kudos

Re: Questions about our Terms of Use Updates

Solved! Jump to solution
I am not understanding how within 4 weeks I've only gotten 6 leads, this new update is not helping any of the TT Pros, as I saw on the Community page that there were 503 post and 95% of those posts people were upset about the changes Thumbtack has made.

Since we the pros are paying for Thumbtack in general does that mean that Thumbtack is going to listen to us and change it back to the old way since nobody is getting any new contacts?

I also have 10 people in my feed which states waiting to hear from you but then once I click the potential client it says waiting for the client to respond this is not helpful at all.
0 Kudos
Marrymellc17
Level 6

PROMOTE! PRICING! RANKING!

Solved! Jump to solution
IT’S NOT WORKING!!!! I am a top pro for years! Almost 400 hires with 201 Five Star Reviews! Been with TT since 2011. It’s been downhill all the way for the last year since you tooIT’S NOT WORKING!!!! I am a top pro for years! Almost 400 hires with 201 Five Star Reviews! Been with TT since 2011. It’s been downhill all the way for the last year since you took away our ability to quote for ourselves. I am not alone here in my discontent. Do you read these comments??? Every time you ask for comments for instant match or pricing you get thousands of ALL NEGATIVE comments. I sincerely tried this “PROMOTE” (aka instant match). My take away is that it’s pay to play! My years of experience in TT SLONG EITH MY 400 hires and 201 FIVE STAR REVIEWS mean nothing. I’ve been told by TT that I am the most hired officiant in south Florida and I’ve seen other Officiant’s credentials and none can compare. In the real world I would be ranked #1. But, if I do not participate in PROMOTE or put in a low ball price, I’m listed on the second page after “pros” ( and I use that term loosely) who have 5 reviews. Ive dropped my price to compete with some of the newbies and bottom feeders but it still doesn’t work. My rank changes every day. You are either the best and the most hired with the most reviews or YOU ARE NOT. But if you participate in promote you can hope to get ranked higher than pros who have under 5 reviews. It’s pay by your rules and participate or be 25th even if you are first!!!!! I wouldn’t mind if the jobs were coming in but they are not. TT was 80%of my business for 5-6 years. Now it’s dead. No serious customers only customers who are prompted to click on “ARE YOU AVAILABLE FOR MY DATE” when clearly I am or they wouldn’t receive my info (per my calendar if that even works). To be charged so much money for someone to be prompted to ask a useless question is somewhat unethical. Why don’t you prompt them to click on my phone number instead???? That would determine a serious customer. If the click on my phone number then I know they want s discussion and I would hVd the Ability and the chance to sell myself. TT can not speak on our behalf. TTvoaints with a broad brush and thinks everything can work in every vendor category. Make them click on my phone number instead of prompting them to click ARE YOU AVAILABLE FOR MY DATE. Its just bad on every level. I got one cheap job on Promote and 7 charges for “ARE YOU AVAILABLE” so money wise, I am doing the one cheap job for free!!!!! It stinks. Your promote and ranking is dictating pricing for us and you’d better be low or you’re on the second or third page. I hope that you have noticed all the comments here from Pros who have gone to other sites such as Bark, GIGmasters and others. There are new ones like Bridalope and the Wedding Booker who have come to be from the need of wedding professionals who have lost much of their work because of the decline of business on TT. When you call these other sites they comment that they are inundated with ex Thumbtack pros expressing their discontent and frustration with the negative changes. Their advertising actually refers to the high priced leads that go nowhere- meaning TT without actually saying TT. We are frustrated. We’ve tried to cope with these changes. You ask but dont hear us!!!!!! Read!! So many real pros who have worked hard for their credentials on TT have joined other sites in hopes of recouping lost work on TT. PLEASE READ THESE COMMENTS! They are ALL NEGATIVE. GO BACK TI YOUR BEGINNINGS! IF IT AIN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT! We miss our success on Thumbtack!!!!! k away our ability to quote for ourselves. I am not alone here in my discontent. Do you read these comments??? Every time you ask for comments for instant match or pricing you get thousands of ALL NEGATIVE comments. I sincerely tried this “PROMOTE” (aka instant match). My take away is that it’s pay to play! My years of experience in TT SLONG EITH MY 400 hires and 201 FIVE STAR REVIEWS mean nothing. I’ve been told by TT that I am the most hired officiant in south Florida and I’ve seen other Officiant’s credentials and none can compare. In the real world I would be ranked #1. But, if I do not participate in PROMOTE or put in a low ball price, I’m listed on the second page after “pros” ( and I use that term loosely) who have 5 reviews. Ive dropped my price to compete with some of the newbies and bottom feeders but it still doesn’t work. My rank changes every day. You are either the best and the most hired with the most reviews or YOU ARE NOT. But if you participate in promote you can hope to get ranked higher than pros who have under 5 reviews. It’s pay by your rules and participate or be 25th even if you are first!!!!! I wouldn’t mind if the jobs were coming in but they are not. TT was 80%of my business for 5-6 years. Now it’s dead. No serious customers only customers who are prompted to click on “ARE YOU AVAILABLE FOR MY DATE” when clearly I am or they wouldn’t receive my info (per my calendar if that even works). To be charged so much money for someone to be prompted to ask a useless question is somewhat unethical. Why don’t you prompt them to click on my phone number instead???? That would determine a serious customer. If the click on my phone number then I know they want s discussion and I would hVd the Ability and the chance to sell myself. TT can not speak on our behalf. TTvoaints with a broad brush and thinks everything can work in every vendor category. Make them click on my phone number instead of prompting them to click ARE YOU AVAILABLE FOR MY DATE. Its just bad on every level. I got one cheap job on Promote and 7 charges for “ARE YOU AVAILABLE” so money wise, I am doing the one cheap job for free!!!!! It stinks. Your promote and ranking is dictating pricing for us and you’d better be low or you’re on the second or third page. I hope that you have noticed all the comments here from Pros who have gone to other sites such as Bark, GIGmasters and others. There are new ones like Bridalope and the Wedding Booker who have come to be from the need of wedding professionals who have lost much of their work because of the decline of business on TT. When you call these other sites they comment that they are inundated with ex Thumbtack pros expressing their discontent and frustration with the negative changes. Their advertising actually refers to the high priced leads that go nowhere- meaning TT without actually saying TT. We are frustrated. We’ve tried to cope with these changes. You ask but dont hear us!!!!!! Read!! So many real pros who have worked hard for their credentials on TT have joined other sites in hopes of recouping lost work on TT. PLEASE READ THESE COMMENTS! They are ALL NEGATIVE. GO BACK TI YOUR BEGINNINGS! IF IT AIN’T BROKE DON’T FIX IT! We miss our success on Thumbtack!!!!!

Number of pros

Solved! Jump to solution
I was just contacted by a client who wanted six recessed light fixtures installed. "How much per can?"
This guy contacted THIRTEEN pros, at $17 a shot....THIS is why promote only works for TT. This is a $600 job, tops, yet TT would have made $200+ if the 13 pros were on promote.
Promote, don't do it.