Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
topic id 16038: Quote pricing calculations
topic id 16031: Fixed Rates vs Hourly Rates
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 578: Only Pay For Contacted Leads?
topic id 11582: Pricing
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 5571: Pricing
topic id 7120: Charging practices
Highlighted
Community Manager LydiaH
Community Manager

Thanks for participating in the ranking Q+A!

Hey everyone! As you may have noticed, we hosted a Q&A in the community this week about how you rank in search results. We received over 400 great posts throughout the day on Wednesday, and Scott, our product manager who works on ranking, signed on that evening to respond to your top questions. Thanks for all the great ideas, we really appreciate it!

Scott and his team are taking your feedback and working to improve our ranking algorithm. Additionally, we hope he was able to clarify how ranking works by answering your top questions. The 3 most common questions we heard from you were:

I know there’s been a lot of change lately, but we hope his answers helped to make things a little more clear! Check out the video below where he explains how ranking works and answers a couple of other common questions.

Also congratulations to the winner of our raffle, @SRL! You can expect to see the credit appear in your account soon!

Scott is working with his team to keep improving the ranking algorithm, and your feedback is critical in helping us improve! So please keep the conversation going and tell us your other ideas for how ranking should work!

Keep coming back to the community for the latest news on product improvements. And thanks for participating in the Q&A!

1 responses
Johnjr
Level 6

Algorithms??? @

I guess the question should be directed towards Scott z regarding algorithms. is this new algorithm with all of its many factors involved in ranking is it able to pinpoint the deficiencies that somebody would have in their profile or whatever the case may be to get them ranking lower? Because I noticed you gave every ,not everybody but a lot of people on that last discussion your generic answer . I have found out with the reviews algorithm that there are many factors involved in the order that your reviews are shown very vague of course and nobody is able to pinpoint or tell me exactly why they're arranged the way they are they keep telling me the same thing of all the factors that are involved but they can't pinpoint one and they say that the reviews cannot be moved which I think is absolutely unbelievable.. so yes it would be nice if we have promote on we have a decent travel range good prices top Pro great reviews I haven't had a job in over a month I did just turn promote on because I was unaware of the fact that we can only good jobs to the jobs tab now unless we're on promote I did not know that either slipped by me or I don't know I haven't got a new lead in the league column since this thing started. And that I was told yesterday by Thumbtack rep that if I'm not using promote that I can advertise myself on another form a media like Twitter or Facebook and then I was that will why would I need Thumbtack then they're not sending me leads they're sending me the names of people that have had 5 or 6 or 10 Pros already bid on the job we've already been hired a pro I've been charged for that as well. well I'm just trying to figure out these algorithms because I did everything that I was told responding to my reviews and asking for more reviews and I did everything that I was told in my reviews have not moved in order at all so I like to understand this new one so I can get a job and not lose my business thanks
0 Kudos