Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Leej
Level 1

Thumbtack Suggestions

Instant Match is imperfect. It varies with each category.
Always ask for a good review and you will less likely get a bad one.
Customer View does not show Pro's contact information. Why is that?
The more insights, the better!
Pricing for quotes vary and are too high.
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
3 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Thumbtack Suggestions

Hi @Leej! Your contact info doesn't show on your public profile, but customers who get a quote from you will be able to see it. Are there customers you've sent quotes to and aren't able to see your contact info? If that's the case, we want to see what's going on. 

I know pricing is higher than what it's been and I get that it's frustrating. Keep in mind that although the cost is higher, you're only paying when a customer responds, contacts you, or schedules a booking. It's more valuable than paying to send a quote wondering if you'll hear from the customer. But you're right, Instant Match isn't perfect yet but we're working on it to get there. Thanks for your suggestions, keep them coming. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
WGACSC
Level 5

Re: Let's talk about our pricing

I have had a similar experience in a different field.  "Potential" lead marks it as an emergency and does not leave a contact number.  They seem to contact multiple pro's but never hire anyone.  I almost feel like these are fake setups to bill for garbage.

I would like to see Thumbtack enforce a contact phone number.  Easy enough, you are "potential" customer and to get service you need to enter your phone number and get a txt verification code that must be entered into Thumbtack.  Great!!  Now we have a verified phone number.

I would like to see Thumbtack follow up with "potential" customers and verfiy they hired a pro to be able to bill for the service.  Thumbtack gets a hire confirmation and the Pro get's billed.  Otherwise this platform seems like a scam....

Re: Improvements

Hi, 

I'm Wendy Kerner.  I'm a full time harpist - perfomer, teacher and music coordinator.   You asked for suggestions for improvements, and I would like to see more differentiation of the music choices.  Right now I get a lot of requests for things that I don't do.  I don't have those things in my preferences, but I still get the requests, and they are time consuming to go through.  I would also like people to be able to choose harp as an option.

I also wonder why so many of the inquiries come from New Jersey and Pennsylvania.  Perhaps you can improve your marketing in New York, Connecticut, Massachusetts...

Thanks - Wendy Kerner, Harpist and Music Coordinator

B.M., M.M. The Juilliard School
Principal Harpist Bridgeport, Ridgefield, and Norwalk Symphonies in Connecticut
Adjunct Professor of Harp, Sacred Heart University
A Two of Harps - Harp Duo
The Fontenay Chamber Players - Harp, Flute, Clarinet and String Quartet
Founder, Director Elyrica Summer Week of Harp Ensembles 
Gigmaster Best Artist, Gig Salad Top Performer - playing for all types of special occasions.
0 Kudos