Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Highlighted
nunz
Level 5

Top Pro Profile Plummets And Then Vanishes

Top Pro Profile Plummets And Then Vanishes

I have been with Thumbtack for two years, have a Top Pro status, my profile is rated “super strong”, I have over 70 hires and 40 five star reviews, and I used to appear in the top ten search results for Wedding & Event Photography. A couple of weeks ago, my profile started going down, appearing down around 20 or 30 in search results, and starting last week, sometimes my profile would not appear at all, when searching the Thumbtack site with a computer browser.

This week my profile is still around the bottom of the 30 search results, behind other photographers with far less hires, reviews and weaker profiles. And sometimes my profile does not appear at all.

When using the Thumbtack phone app, my profile stopped appearing completely. That happened last Thursday and my profile still does not show up today, Wednesday. I phoned support numerous times but they cannot seem to help at all and the my missing profile problem in the phone app persists.

Over the past two years, I have spent considerable time and effort building a strong profile, and garnering many 5 star reviews for my work. I am only receiving a fraction of the job requests I used to, and of course my income from Thumbtack is less than half of what it used to be a few short weeks ago.

I am very disappointed Thumbtack support has not been able to solve this problem which I first started reporting two weeks ago. The reason alludes me.

Greg

Occupations (2)
States
6 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: Top Pro Profile Plummets And Then Vanishes

@nunz if you look at your budget, you have about five dollars left for the week. Because the minimum you will pay for a lead is $10 and you have less than that available in your budget, you will not appear in Search Results. If you want to get more leads this week, you'll need to increase your budget. Let me know if you have any further questions! 

0 Kudos
nunz
Level 5

Hi Meckell

Thanks for helping. I actually started appearing again even with less than $10 in the budget. Appreciate your help!

Greg

MMM_Memories
Level 7

Keep a watch. IMEx the numbers never go back to what they were. TT’s defense has been ‘it’s all algorithm’
nunz
Level 5

Top Pro Profile Stopped Being Displayed

I am a Top Pro photographer with a “Super Strong” rated profile, and 75 Hires and 44 Reviews at 4.9 stars. My profile has not appeared on Thumbtack for a couple of days for my service category of Wedding & Event Photography.

My profile used to be displayed in the top 10 or 15. In September I blocked off two days on my calendar, and ever since then my profile dropped down to being displayed between number 20 to 30. And now not at all. I check the rankings three times a day as a customer, using the phone app and the website with my computer.

There are numerous photographer profiles displayed in the top 10 with less than ten hires, and even less reviews, and their profiles don’t even have their FAQs section filled in. So the rankings are not making logical sense to me.

I would appreciate it if someone please explain what’s going on and why?

Thanks, Greg

0 Kudos

This happened to me recently as well. I only signed up for Thumbtack as a Pro about 2 months, but when I did, I immediately got a flood of requests, I assume based off of my portoflio as well as my past clients leaving really helpful reviews about projects I worked on for them in the last year. However, I had a TT employee keep calling me asking me to pay extra $ down in advance ($300), so that I would have access to help from a TT representative that would help me with my profile. Once I answered and let him know politely that I was no longer interested, my profile COMPLETELY stopped showing up while searching for portrait photographers, wedding/event photographers, and engagement photography. I used to show up at the top, maybe number 7-9, now sometimes I do not even appear whatsoever, and I have NEVER hit my limit of weekly budgeting. Seems a bit coincidental if you ask me!

Moderator Meckell

@citizenofearth I can assure you that situation has nothing to do with where your profile appears in search results. Where you rank is determined by a few things in which you can read here. We're happy to look into a few things and see what can be done to get your profile appearing. Just give us a call at 800-948-2034 and our Customer Support team would be more than happy to 

0 Kudos