Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

Unable To Start A Chat Session For Two Days

Twodays in a row I have been unable to start a chat session. It is supposed to be 24/7, right? And the reason I even wish to start a chat session is that TT no longer allows me to send a followup message. I did two other followup messages to other customers earler in the same day.

Is TT trying to discourage me? Other Pros are saying that they have no issues with sending a followup message after they have sent a quote.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
0 Kudos
5 responses
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: Unable To Start A Chat Session For Two Days

I was able to contact Chat by using a different web browser. I was also told by that chat person that I could now use the browser of my choosing after the Chat person made a change. This is still not true.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@HansenJC I want to help you get things figured out, but need a little more info on what's going on. What error are you getting when trying to start a chat? What browser are you using? 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

There is no error message. It simply does not go to a chat session. I use Firefox exclusively. All browsers should be tested by your development team. It has worked in the past. Or in failing to provide this funtionality there should be an error message that informs us that the browser is not supported.

I was able to start a chat session by using Internet Explorer. This is an unacceptable work-around.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@HansenJC have you cleared your cache and cookies recently? Is the device you're using updated to it's most recent version? 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Meckell,

Clearing cache and cookies is not a solution that I will use unless you can introduce me to any one of the thumbtack pros who has been helped by this advice. I will not be a guinea pig for experimentation. The cache is a valuable asset to speed up and streamline my browsing. Clearing cookies is a critical function of any browser, and I have never had any software issue solved by clearing cookies. If you can tell us which cookie that TT has placed on my hard drive that would cause this issue, then I will remove that one cookie.

Let me repeat what I just wrote. Of all the advice that I have every received in the 40+ years of using computers, clearing cache and cookies has NEVER solved a problem and more often than I care to recall it has damaged the usefulness of the bowser when I have done this in the past.

Whenever a software company suggests clearing cache and cookies they are guessing and they have no evidence that this is the issue.

And, yes the browser and the operating system are current.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos