Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
ladypants
Level 5

Bad reviews rant

I've been using Thumbtack for my business for less than a year but it was a great addition for our advertising and sales. 

However, we encountered this situation and I'm just so frustrated with it. We provided a quote for a customer but they didn't responded and after that our availability changed as we got booked somewhere else. Later the client was ready to book and messaged us willing to proceed with the booking. We politely explained that unfortunately we were already booked and wouldn't be able to provide our services. After that the client goes to book us anyway and leaves a 1-star review with no explanations. They also hasn't responded to our message about theit review. 

After contacting customer support, I was told that the review didn't break any of Thumbtack Content&Review Policies, but: 

"Reviews not directly related to a pro’s professionalism, interactions, or performance on a project started or completed." - The project has never started as we have never confirmed the booking with this client

"Reviews that do not represent users’ actual, personal experience." - We have never rendered or even confirmed our services with this client so they do not have any experience with us. 

"Reviews which are not posted after a reasonable and sensible period following the work. Reviews must be posted either within one year after the customer submitted the request, or within one year of the last day the pro worked on the project. " - We have never worked on this project and the project date is not even due yet.

I've also been told while talking to the online support agent that once you and your customer had an initial connection, Thumbtack allows them to leave a review for pros as this will still be within the scope of having interaction even if it did not result into a hire.

It's damaged our rating by 0.2 stars (points?) which is still a hiiiiiit. It took us almost 6 month to get that 4.8 stars from another 3 star review (illogical star rating system is a whole different topic, don't even start with me about that). I'm just so frustrated in this situation. Like okay, my business is always in demand and we will eventually recover but what about people who really really need these good reviews? I've also read about people leaving Pros unintentional reviews and even about people who leave bad reviews JUST BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T LIKE THE PRICE. This is totally, completely and absolutely ridiculous that with all the money my business spends on Thumbtack. Which is really fine, business needs ads but I do expect something more that just a nice customer support agent trying to calm me down. Like seriously.

Not cool, Thumbtack. 
0 Kudos
babybrown
Level 5

5-Star Review Deleted by Thumbtack without reason

I received two 5-star review from a very important client yesterday. I was super happy as I only need a couple more and I'll be at the magic number 10.

Then, this morning I got an email from Thumbtack staff telling me it was deleted because it "Violated Thumbtack terms & conditions."  This was an excellent review that I have earned by working hard for this client on numerous occasions over the last few months and it really helped showcase why anyone would want to hire me. I can't think how that violates your TOS.

How can I get a real and detailed answer regarding this deletion?

Cheers.

MR
Level 11

Re: 5-Star Review Deleted by Thumbtack without reason

@babybrown   I just had that happen to me... When I started a chat with customer service they gave me a reason which seemed logical as the lead apparantly wrote 2 reviews on the same work and I guess they can only write one  - I didnt fight it as it made sense.

That said, another constructive criticism to TT: The emails you send us pros are really a problem. they say so little that they have all the makings of spam. This is the second email this week that leaves the pro really wondering if the issue is even legit. Why cant more information be provied in the email?

babybrown
Level 5

I agree.

This kind of comminque would make any pro feel like a distrustworthy amateur. Kind of gross.

Anyway, I contacted TT through the widget and they're working on it as we speak. So fingers crossed.

MR
Level 11

@babybrown Now you have me wondering if I need to call back. 

0 Kudos
babybrown
Level 5

For sure I would.

They told me to have that person re-submit the review, btw.

MR
Level 11

@babybrown  That's really an unfortunate response from a customer service perspective. Having to go back to the customer and ask them to re-do their review really doesn't allow you to put your best customer service forward. It just looks unprofessional

TT seems to admit the error. In order to show client focus TT should be contacting the customer, admiting there was an error on their behalf and asking the customer to resubmit their review.

TT, is this something you can do?

babybrown
Level 5

That is embarassing for everyone!

0 Kudos
Moderator taylor

@babybrown I'm glad to hear our team has gotten back to you about the review and next steps. Our systems that analyze activity on our site must have flagged the review to be inauthentic or in some way in violation of our Content and Review policy, which is why they removed it from your profile. We understand the importance of reviews, and we verify our information before removing any reviews. We want to make sure customers and pros can trust our site so businesses can continue to grow on Thumbtack. We're sorry for any inconvenience to you and the customer you've been working with. I'll take in your feedback on this matter and add it to the feedback we have on our review verification process currently. @MR I'll also be sure to pass along your thoughts on how we can improve our emails to better communicate with our pros and keep them informed. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
cranichik
Level 8

@taylor Just curious here.....why is it then that multiple people who have requested that their reviews, of which have been posted by people who have not even hired such Pro, cannot be deleted? This is a very sore spot among Pros who get bad reviews when they have not even worked for a customer. Thumbtack always claimed they were unable to delete reviews.

cranichik 7-26-19