results: 10
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Moderator Kameron

Re: ANOTHER REVIEW COMPLAINT! GRRRR!

@QuilterinIowa thanks for sharing your feedback around when a customer is prompted to leave a review. I'll make sure to share this example along with your ask that we let pros request reviews on their own. Also, keep in mind that once you've completed the work that customers can leave a one time update on a review to replace the rating and text on the original.

0 Kudos

Re: ANOTHER REVIEW COMPLAINT! GRRRR!

I realize they can do a one-time update but this review shouldn't have even been posted. I want it deleted because no work was done. Just let us ask for our own reviews and this whole topic of dissention goes away. 

MMM_Memories
Level 7

Re: Unintentional Review

Yes. This is a huge issue.
TT should take a long hard look at the review system they incorporate.
Hankster
Level 10

@MMM_Memoriesgreat post! To me it makes absolutely NO SENSE that a lead that didn't hire you & has NEVER even spoken to you should have any opportunity to  review a service pro. C'mon Thumbtack what are you thinking here?

Moderator Kameron

@MMM_Memories thank you for sharing these pieces of feedback. I've made sure to document and pass them along for our teams to review.

@MMM_Memories and @Hankster if you haven't already, be sure to check out this recent post about pro feedback: Keeping you in the (feedback) loop. In #4 we share our thoughts on allowing reviews only if the customer hired you. 

0 Kudos
Hankster
Level 10

Thanks @Kameron. I did read that. I know this is in the evaluating options stage but this statement sticks out:

'We understand it can be frustrating to receive a review when you weren’t even hired. We want to allow customers to share their thoughts on their experience with a pro, even if they decide to go a different direction. Their experience is still valid and might be useful for future customers to know'

I'm a DJ service pro. 99% of the time for those leads that do take the time to reach out to me again (key word here) after they initially contacted me I don't get hired because someone else offered a better price. What if your customer/my lead thinks my price is out of line after only contacting me only one time? They are going to give me a 1 star review and possibly also give me a bad written review & that affects my current 5.0 review rating. Please do not even think about implementing this part even on a trial basis.

How can someone make a request for someone else an it not be called Third party??

This is one major down fall Thumbtack has an it’s an extremely bad one for us Pro’s. To me if someone makes a request needing plumbing work an failed to communicate with the Pro’s letting them know oh this is really for my “mom” or a “friend” an they were never a customer how do they have a right to leave a review to me as a business owner that’s fraud. When y’all charge us then when it’s reported y’all look into it an refund my money yet don’t remove the review. I’d like answers to this an when you call in many times requesting member of management to call you guess what you get no call you get an email from a sales lead an you were told they’d call you right back. Very unprofessional in my eyes.
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Re: How can someone make a request for someone else an it not be called Third party??

@RooterProsLLC1 thanks for reaching out about this. I want to better understand your situation and see what I can do to help. Just to clarify, was the person who left you the review the person who created the request on Thumbtack? Feel free to send me a DM with the name of the customer and any other info that might be helpful! 

Re: How can someone make a request for someone else an it not be called Third party??

Yes, ma’am it was an I’m unsure how to send you a DM feel free to send me one an I can replay or a email to RooterProsLLC@gmail.com Thank you for your help with this matter. @Meckell
0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

@RooterProsLLC1 just sent you a private message. Respond to that with more info when you can and I'll be in touch! 

0 Kudos