Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Djayent
Level 6

Negative reviews without being hired and no communication

This is an outrageous situation.

I recently received a 1 star rating from someone who didn't hire me (she marked me as hired) and there has been absolutely no communication other than the initial follow up proposal.  Basically I got the canned messaage checking availability so I responded that I was and included more info of what my price included.  Nothing else!

Next thing I know she marked me as hired and posted a 1 star rating!  I then responded to her and asked why she posted this rating since she didn't hire me and I didn't do any work since her event is over 7 months away.  I got no response.

Then I contacted Thumbtack customer service who told me that customers can post a rating/review without hiring you or doing the work to reflect their experience with me.  As I said I had no interactions whatsoever with this customer other than to provide confirmation that I was available.  This is incredibly unfair to hard working pros like myself.  I am a Top Pro and this reflects badly on my record and just dropped my overall rating from 4.9 to 4.8.

I will have to post some type of response to the rating but it makes me look defensive and doesn't reflect well.  I also should not have to deal with this (I already spent a lot of time trying to get it sorted out with Customer service).

This is something which needs to be addressed and corrected.

Jay