Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 23817: Model of when you get charged
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me
topic id 17313: Thumbtack pricing for professionals
Highlighted
Thumbtack Employee Travis_Turner
Thumbtack Employee

Upcoming webinars in April.

We're excited to announce a new series of live webinars we’re running in April to give you more opportunities to connect with Thumbtack, learn how to find and maintain success in the marketplace, and ask your questions to us directly. Each webinar will last for 45 minutes, where we’ll give a 20-25 minute presentation and then use the remainder of the time to take questions from the audience.

Below you’ll find the times, dates, and a quick description of each webinar this month, along with registration links. If you can't attend a session but still want to hear the content, register anyway so we can be sure to send you a recording. We hope to see you there!

If you’re just starting out, this is the session for you! We’ll walk through the basics of navigating Thumbtack as a pro, define and clarify some key terms and features, outline the different types of leads on Thumbtack, and we’ll end by taking questions from the audience. Click here to register.

To gain a deeper understanding of what customers see on Thumbtack (and start thinking how you can stand out to them) we’ll do a live demo of search results from a customer perspective, we’ll share 5 things you can do to influence your ranking in search results, and as always we’ll end with taking your questions. Click here to register.

To help you get the most value from incoming leads, we’ll focus on best practices to turn a lead into a conversation, and a conversation into a job. We’ll examine example leads, share a case study and data about responsiveness, and show off new product features that will help you manage your conversations, followed by answering questions from the audience. Click here to register.

7 responses
DJStevie
Level 9

Re: Upcoming webinars in April.

@Travis_Turner 

These are all great Webinars for those starting out. I've done everything as per the Webinar titles say, with the help of Thumbtack reps. Still struggling.

Any chance of having a Live Webinar that doens't re-hash what to do, to help struggling Pros? I think that would be very helpful.

MR
Level 10

@Travis_Turner 

Furthering what @DJStevie  said "Any chance of having a Live Webinar that doens't re-hash what to do, to help struggling Pros? I think that would be very helpful."

Any chance having a webinar that doesnt ignore the real problems we are seeing, doesnt insult the sophistication of many of the pros you have and faces the issues head on without a tap dance, with either admission that this is a bigger problem than originally thought, or actual solution plans?

DJStevie
Level 9

@MR 

Thanks for expanding on it!!!

0 Kudos
Thumbtack Employee

Hey @DJStevie and @MR thanks for your questions about what we're offering. You mention some of these topics potentially being a re-hash of things you're already doing well, and I agree that for some of you that may be true. But we have to keep in mind that not everyone has achieved the same level of proficiency. We want to make sure we're always providing channels to reinforce and discuss these sort of evergreen, always important topics that became the basis for this new program.

However, in addition to these topics that will likely stick around, we're leaving room in the schedule to develop content that could change on a monthly basis as well. These are just ideas for now, but this could be something like a webinar that gives a sneak peak into upcoming product features, maybe webinars that are specific to industry, etc.

So, I guess I'd ask you both (and anyone else who may be reading) - What other topics would you like us to cover? What would help you find success in the system that wouldn't feel like a "re-hash"? I'd love to hear your ideas in this thread or DM, whatever works best.

MR
Level 10

@Travis_Turner  I love the idea of product futures.  That would be a great idea.

DJStevie
Level 9

@Travis_Turner 

Thanks for taking time to reply. But it seems that a different Thumbtack rep aseems to post a thread giving Pros links on how to succeed on Thumbtack, how to get reviews and improve rankings, etc. That's why I said upcoming webinars are just re-hashing. Though it might be good for some newbies as I mentioned, others it's a waste of time. We need more.

How about Webinars for specific industries? At one time, I've posted if any DJ Pros had success with Promote, to share with me their success on Thumbtack. One Pro replied and is doing everything that I am. But perhaps a Live Webinar would help?

@MRsuggested a webinar for product futures. I second that suggestion! How about a product futures Webinar to give us a chance to give our input before any future product gets implemented? This way we aren't surprised when it gets added. Also in that Webinar, let us know when if any useful tools will be taken away, so we aren't surprised as well, and can brace for it.

Thumbtack Employee

@MR @DJStevie I also really like the idea of product futures/sneak peaks. There are all sorts of things tricky about these (like how far in the future is still relevant?) but it's something I'm interested in exploring to see if we can put something like this together. I know Jason has started posting recaps of what's changed in the past month, and I know a look ahead would help too. I'll shop it around and follow up if it's something we're able to make happen.