results: 10
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 23308: Hefty charge for a dead-lead
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 18721: Old format
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 7183: I'm trying to remove a credit card remove ,from payments,system wont let me

WHY CAN'T THEY SEE MY SAMPLE IMAGES?!!!

I'm so annoyed!!!! I just had TWO, not one but TWO people within an hour respond to my quote with "do you have any sample images of your work"!!!!!! I have nearly 200 images in my gallery!!!!!!! I pay $4000 a year to TT to show my info and they can't find it!!!!!! Why can't they see the few sample images and the link to my full gallery??? This happens constantly!!!! The clients haven't a clue how to use the interface!

11 responses
Serge
Level 6

Re: WHY CAN'T THEY SEE MY SAMPLE IMAGES?!!!

Do they not actually see your gallery, or have thethey just not clicked on your profile? I've had this a couple times and for me it's been ththaththat they just dont click on the profile button
0 Kudos

They apparently aren't seeing the few little sample pix that also show the link to the full gallery. The interface also seems to cut off my quote as well because they also ask what my package includes when every quote I send has the information about what they package includes.

I just found it very interesting that I had just posted about this the night before, and the next morning the very first two people I quoted sent me this exact question! Were they both bogus leads sent by TT as people are claiming? Now it makes me wonder. I never thought that TT was creating bogus requests themselves, but now it's very odd that the next two I send, after posting that, result in two "clients" doing exactly that thing!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
marcwkohler
Level 5

I do not think they were fake.  My giuess is that while we can send them ten photos, they are also given "standard" questions.  I get "Are you available on my date?"  So, they may just be clicking a question, becuase they want to hear from us.  The problem is that costs us $15 or more, and we are not told what "formula" is used.  One TT response defended not telling the us the way they reach that charge is a "trade secret."  My guess is that TT was not making enough money in the old system, or not enough money to justify themsleves.  These businesses are backed by invetors who want to see profits at a cetain level. Mybe they are not making any money sice the national ads cost a fortune---that means that they had to find an automatic way to increase income.  I paid a couple hundred dollars, and got no bookings.  It would be good if TT could explain themselves better.  There is a chance that they are profiting now with thei new system. theyu know we do not like it, and they planning to fail.  That failuer wil give the investors tax loses, and we are just pawns in a fnancial game.  I do not use the automatice system.  

0 Kudos

They said that they have 400,000+ pros. I, for one, spend $4000 per year on bids. Ok, so I might spend more than most, they still have to be taking in tens of $millions per year. In 4 years, virtually every change has been for their benefit, not the pros. I'm stumped when it's the pros off whom they make their money. Without the pros, they have no income. Hence the reason I treat my clients like gold, because that's where my income comes from.

0 Kudos

Here's a strange one for you regarding the client interface. I've received two reviews in the past three days for jobs that I have yet to actually complete. Agreements are signed and dates are locked up for the end of July and early August, and somehow both clients have already left a review. One left a four-star review for work I haven't even done yet. I asked customer service if something was changed in the client interface that may not be as clear as it used to be, but I got the standard "all your feedback is taken into consideration" answer. 

I got a one-star review from someone who didn't even hire anyone!!! Their issue was that I had the audicity to follow up and send 3 responses to them over the course of 2 months!!! They wrote a scathing review saying I relentlessly harrassed them!

My 100+ -star rave reviews are loaded with helpful information about what they experienced and what new clients can expect. They hit all my sales points that I don't have to tout about myself! Now that anyone can review based on the fact that you sent a quote, I have several clients that posted just stars because they hired me and were in contract, but didn't even have thier session done yet. So it's just stars but no beautiful words proclaiming what a wonderful experience they had!

Moderator Meckell

Hi @PhilFischPhoto, I'm happy to clarify. Customers are able to review a pro based on any experience they’ve had with them. They can do so before a hire is initiated or before work is complete. They do have the ability to edit or update their original review one time if needed. To get a better idea of the process customers goes through to leave reviews, check out this article: https://help.thumbtack.com/article/reviewing-a-professional-on-thumbtack. Let me know if you have any other questions, I'm happy to help!

0 Kudos

Except that any normal human being who is looking at reviews of anything, presumes that the reviewer has actually used the product or service. So, when someone gives a pro 5 stars based on chatting back & forth to discuss the job, it is completely misleading. It doesn't matter if Joe Pro is a nice guy and was pleasant to write up a contract with. If Joe is also an incompetent newbie that does a bad job because he doesn't know what he's doing, then that 5-star nice guy review is misleading to other potential clients who think that review has come after actually doing a job with Joe.

A review is important to potential clients so that they can know what to expec from the pro, beyond their own experience of chatting with the pro. They already know themselves what Joe is like as a nice guy, because they're chatting with him too. So, TTs pre-work-completion reviews completely mislead people into thinking that just because someone thought that they were nice, that they are actually a talented pro. I would be outraged as a client, if I hired an incompetent person based on reviews, and then found out that the people reviewing had not gone through the completed project with them!!! How is that helpful in ANY way? It screws ther client out of reading legitimate reviews about the work, and it screws the pros by having to annoy clients to go back and re-write a review they've already written. I also got screwed by the woman that attacked me for contacting her 3 times in 2 months - especilaly when TT nags the heck out of us to keep contacting them.

0 Kudos
Moderator Meckell

Hi @DefiningImagery I'm sorry to hear this is happening. I looked into your profile and I'm seeing all of your photos showing up on your profile (they look great by the way!) A good way to see what a customer sees when going to your profile is by checking out the customer view.

I'd be more than happy to reach out to those two customers and make sure there isn't anything going on that's preventing them to see your photos. Send me a DM with their names and I can get started on that. 

0 Kudos