Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

What good are quote templates if we cannot use them?

I have not been able to use Quote Templates for a very long time. Perhaps as long as a year or more.

Will this remnant of depricated features remain forever? Why wouldn't Thumtake make some effort to clear out the closet.

Is there any hope this feature might return to being a useful platform feature for the Pros?

Quote Templates.jpg

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
3 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: What good are quote templates if we cannot use them?

@HansenJC you can still utilize the quote templates. When a customer reaches out to you through search results and you respond or follow up with them, you can copy and paste the quote templates you have saved. It's a little different way to use them than before but is still useful. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: What good are quote templates if we cannot use them?

@Meckell It is odd that you would find that useful. I also characterize this as taking a step backwards in the funtionality of Thumbtack. Copy/Past is a non starter in the race to capture customers.

The original intent of templates was to facilitate sending a truly custom quote and now we are lost at sea in a storm of price-only commodity quotes with no differentiation.

And a quote template is not a response template at any level of interpretation. Responses must be hand written to reply to the unique questions sent by the customers when they reach out to us with a "Conversation Starter" that you prompt the customers to use.

It is time for Thumnbtack to restore the 21st Century feature(s) you already had working. The Pros need to quickly respond to the customers from a mobile device and copy/paste is a challenging process at best when a Pros is using a phone. 

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
HansenJC
Level 10

How can this be true?

9acd09818d108a473842924f884a1b17.pngThis can't be true

I have been asking for this to be true ever since TT took it away. Does anyone validate the program to see if the stuff we read is even remotely close to the program we use?

The old original templates are still there from more than a year ago. But I am not able to send any of them with a quote. I am not able to send any of the those templates as a followup message.

I am asking for someone at TT to proofread their stuff to see how it fails to match up with what the program no longer does.

And if a moderator says I can open them and do a copy paste, that is not possible to add any message at the time of a quote.

And there is no point in me trying to do a copy/paste as a followup message when the customers have been conditioned to only read the first message they get from TT.

Please delete that message. And If TT will not delete that message, at least edit it to be closer to the way TT works.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections