Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
DJStevie
Level 12

What happened to my professional photos?

I was going to comment this on @JasonB April Products thread..But thought some other Pros may want to chime in here. 

In @JasonB thread,  "removed existing images that did not fit these guidelines"

I was going to add photos to a Past Projects from an event from the Tim Tebow Foundation. Those photos were taken by a news media photographer and sent to me. So please don't tell me professional photos do not meet guidelines. Now those photos were deleted by Thumbtack without notice, until Jason posted it!!

And everyone wonders why my frustration continues to grow.

Someone please explain this to me, so I can try to understand what is going on.

4 responses
Moderator Meckell

Re: What happened to my professional photos?

I'm happy to give more context behind this update @DJStevie. Photos were removed if they were less than 50px in dimension (extremely small) or if they were greater than a 10:1 aspect ratio (extremely wide or tall.) Our goal is to help you get hired, and customers want to see quality images when they're deciding who to hire. By making sure the photos in your profile are clear and high-quality, you showcase your work in the best light. This update also helps your photos load faster, giving customers a better experience when they view your profile. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell 

Thanks for clarifying, but a notice prior to deletion would have been beneficial not just to me, but other Pros as well. Those photos were very important in my trying to land jobs. If I was warned that "in 2-3 weeks, all photos that do not meet the new criteria, will be deleted" would have been fine with me. But I was surprised to see those photos gone, and then you and other reps wonder why I continue to get frustrated.

By the way, I had no issues uploading photos, in fact, they were uploaded pretty quickly.

Moderator Meckell

@DJStevie pros were definitely notified about this back on April 18th. You should have seen a notification about this change in your Thumbtack account. We also gave an additional notification to those pros who had images removed from their profiles. 

0 Kudos
DJStevie
Level 12

@Meckell
Sorry to disagree, but I received NO notification of any kind.
A warning of possible removal should have been given, NOT after removal.