Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 10
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
Lindsays98
Level 1

What makes. Pro?

So I was just checking some antalitics and TT suggest other “Pro’s” who are getting more hires. I check them out. Their work looks like absolute amature rubbish! I could not find a single photographer who appeared to be an actual professional. Makes me wonder is it is worth using the site, because I’m not going to compete with armatures with a new Rebel Camera their mom got them for Christmas. Very frustrating.
Occupations (1)
States
3 responses
FineDying
Level 5

Re: What makes. Pro?

I understand your frustration and I get it. When we started it was the same thing for us. A lot of them are mediocre but continue churning out top quality stuff and you’ll soon be a top pro. We just hit top pro in our first 4 months with TT and we’re hoping to get a lot more work now.

Victor Zaragoza III
www.finedying.com

Hi Lindsay! How do you check out the work of people who are competing against?

It's tough because on a site like this you are competing first on speed to quote and second on price. Quality of work unfortunately is down there in third. I try not to look at the insights because it usually leads to frustration, but I do, and I notice too alot of times I lose out to somebody with only a couple reviews but was the lowest price.

With instant quoting I think it's a lot harder now to build a solid profile, but it used to be that if you kept pluggin away eventually you could gain some ground. In my experience TT has been great for filling short notice weekends where you might not have had something booked. Not the highest paying gigs, but 300 or 400 for a Sunday afternoon where I otherwise would have been messing around in the yard, can't complain.

I also have landed a few clients that have led to repeat/referral business. And, if you've been doing this for any amount of time, you know like I do, word of mouth is the only way to break into those high paying jobs.

0 Kudos