Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 6
topic id 32826: Raising prices but do not state what the prices are!!!!!
topic id 33199: IDEA- Integrity & Balance by Customers & Pros
topic id 32384: Private Chef/Catering Pricing
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 25265: Make pro pricing and rates more upfront for customers
topic id 24883: Filtering out customers with certain budgets based on pro preferences
ChefOfAllSeason
Community Veteran

Re: When a customer wants to hire a Pro...

Solved! Jump to solution

@MeckellThumbtack's position is  "If they reach out to a pro directly, we know that they're ready to take the next steps toward that hire and that's why you'll see that notification."

My questions are:

1) When they reach out to us directly using the auto click options such as : "what's your availabilty?", etc. Thumbtack knows that the customer will not ghost us when we respond. Are you sure Thumbtack knows they are ready to take the next steps toward hiring, or is Thumbtack assuming they are ready to take the next steps towards hiring? The two are not the same.

2) When we respond to your notification that so and so "wants to hire you" is that a guarantee on Thumbtack's part of a hire? You are making a clear and indisputable claim of knowing what the customer wants to do. If the notification is not a guarantee of hire nor based on solid evidence that the customer has plainly stated they "want to hire", then is not the notification false?

The support team does not know the answers to these questions. Your help will be immensly appreciated. Thanks.

Community Manager Drew
Community Manager

Solved! Jump to solution

Thanks for raising your concerns @Mahajan  @Apoole1114  and @ChefOfAllSeason

The emails shown in the screenshots above correspond to the button a customer clicked (request a quote, message, or check availability) on your profile, but we think we can do better than this so we’re prioritizing updating the language. Once the fix is complete I’ll be sure to post an update.

Thanks,

Drew

ChefOfAllSeason
Community Veteran

Solved! Jump to solution

@Drew your thoroughness and alacrity in approaching this matter is well appreciated. As the language needs to be fixed, it is naturally in disrepair and not valid. Do you advise ignoring the hire notifications for now?

Highlighted
Moderator Meckell

When Thumbtack says someone wants to hire you?

Solved! Jump to solution

@Mahajan @Apoole1114 @WayneS I want to extend a huge thank you for sharing your constructive feedback on this particular email notification. We passed along all of your thoughts and are happy to let you know that this has been changed! 

The subject header will no longer say “[Customer name] wants to hire you.” You’ll instead see:
“[Customer name] is waiting.” when it's an evening email
“[Customer name] is waiting to hear from you today.” when it's a morning email.

One of the best things about the Community is the ability for pros like yourself to connect and brainstorm with each other and with us. This is such a great example of how community action (along with other feedback) can create change. We look forward to this continued partnership with our community of pros.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
WayneS
Community Newcomer

Re: When Thumbtack says someone wants to hire you?

Solved! Jump to solution

Okay that's fine I see customer wants to hire me so what happens if I end up paying the fee last time I answer 42 minutes customer don't respond to me whatsoever then what I asked for refund Thumbtack refuses cuz they're telling me that they did get me in contact with a customer well yes it did get me contact with customer customers deadbeat kicking tires or whatever you want to call it but why should I or the pros have to pay for it somehow I think customers you share some of this as well especially if they want to kick tires I don't know what just a thought the probably like the last time refused even post this but I understand

0 Kudos