Filter by message states (for user id: -1, login: Anonymous):
results: 9
topic id 25265: Pricing
topic id 24883: The purpose of promotion and set your budget in advance
topic id 22503: Leads
topic id 26197: Paying twice for the same lead
topic id 22064: Questionable leads
topic id 14288: Declined "Leads" charged
topic id 19454: Marketing Executive From Thumbtack Chooses Promoted Lead, Then Radio Silence
topic id 18206: New Model?
topic id 100: Is quick reply worthy of charge?
Highlighted
HansenJC
Level 10

When following the instructions on how to track my response speed - I get nothing

Track Your Speed.pngI followed these instructions and I was unable to see any information about my response speed in my Insight. I want to know what value is being used in the calculation of my Profile rank.

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
Occupations (1)
States
0 Kudos
7 responses
Moderator Kameron

Re: When following the instructions on how to track my response speed - I get nothing

@HansenJC the response time will be calculated based on the new leads that you've responded to in the last 30 days. Unfortunately, your last lead was in February, which is why your response time currently reads as 0 for the last 30 days.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

Re: When following the instructions on how to track my response speed - I get nothing

@KameronThere is no data at all. This is quite different than zero. And this is central to the issue. When there are no profitable jobs to responde to, how is this fair that Pros who respond to jobs which are not in my geographic area get a ranking advantage simply because I choose jobs closer to home?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC, as I mentioned response time is factored by the new leads that you respond to or decline when they are shown to you in your inbox. Your response time is only affected via the jobs tab, when a customer responds to your quote and you take X amount of time to get back to them.

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

@Kameron  Please break this down for the two possible scenarios.

1) Jobs that I respond to via the jobs Tab.

2) Jobs that come through when I use promote.

When I use promote and no Job Poster choses me, I get no notification of that job, right? Without a notification how would I know to quote the job from the Jobs Tab? Does this mean the calculation will remains at zero forever?

Are you proposing that I set patiently at the computer staring at the Jobs Tab ready to respond to the first sighting of a new opportunity?

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@HansenJC

Jobs Tab- How quickly pros react to jobs in the Jobs tab will not affect their responsiveness. The only time responsiveness will be measured in reference to those jobs is if the customer responds to the quote you sent. The amount of time it takes for the pro to respond back for the first time is what will factor into your score.  

Leads in your Inbox- Declining a lead is considered a response, so declining quickly will be better than taking a long time to decline. When presented with the option to accept or decline a lead be sure to choose one and not leave the customer hanging, as doing nothing will reflect negatively on your response time. If you choose to accept a lead then you'll want to send a timely message in response to the customer. 

0 Kudos
HansenJC
Level 10

In many cases and specifically in my case, using a response time of zero as a factor for calculating a Pro’s rank among all Home Inspectors is out of balance with the reality of who we are and how we would treat Job Posters if there were any. For long periods of time there have been no Home Inspections to pass on. And very early in my time of using TT I received conflicting responses to the question of “How does passing on a job impact our rank?” It seemed that passing on jobs was negative to out rank and now you are saying that we should pass as quickly as possible.

Using Thumbtack would be significantly more productive if the Thumbtack system would stabilize into a steady state.

5/6/19 at 3:41 CST      

John C Hansen, LEED AP
Hansen Home Inspections
0 Kudos
Moderator Kameron

@Hansen To make sure I'm being clear, declining a new lead in your inbox is where I said responsiveness will factor in. If a new lead is not right for you, indeed you should decline quickly to help with your responsiveness score. Whereas, passing on jobs in the Jobs tab will not have any effect on your ranking.

0 Kudos